Gold member drink coupon

tennboy1981

Ok So I know gold members are now given a coupon for a free drink, but can only be used the last day after 5....but I thought I remember reading on another post that sometimes they let you use the coupon before that. Has anyone had experiences letting you get your free drink before the last night?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

In January our daughter was with us turned Gold...she could only use the drink coupon on the last night after 5PM at any bar or dining location and up to $9 or something close to that. I think that is better than our Platinum drink coupon was good during sea day brunch in the main dining room only.

Cheers and happy cruising.

In January our daughter was with us turned Gold...she could only use the drink coupon on the last night after 5PM at any bar or dining location and up to $9 or something close to that. I think that is better than our Platinum drink coupon was good during sea day brunch in the main dining room only.

Cheers and happy cruising.

"Ditto" I second that. I think it is there way of getting people into the dining room to eat. You would think they would just let us use the darn the thing anytime after that many cruises! lol!

I do know that they started having a little area just outside the dining room where you can just order your drink and get it without actually having to go in and eat. But, at this point I have actaully started looking forward to one Brunch in the dining room. The eggs benedict and fire roasted tomato soup are pretty darn yummy! :cool:

Funny this topic should come up.....

John Heald just asked on his FB page how many gold members actually used their coupon.

And ALOT of people complained about the restrictions with the time....

He's in a meeting with the "beards", and I do know they are looking at making changes to the loyalty program, so maybe they will go back to letting us use ANY TIME!!!!:')

Mine may not be the popular opinion, but the way I see it, they're giving me a free drink. If they want me to use it after a certain time on a certain day, so be it. I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. I'm just grateful for the drink coupon.

"Ditto" I second that. I think it is there way of getting people into the dining room to eat. You would think they would just let us use the darn the thing anytime after that many cruises! lol!

I do know that they started having a little area just outside the dining room where you can just order your drink and get it without actually having to go in and eat. But, at this point I have actaully started looking forward to one Brunch in the dining room. The eggs benedict and fire roasted tomato soup are pretty darn yummy! :cool:

Sorry this is not related to the original posters question, but you can use the platinum coupon also after 5pm on the last day.

You do not have to use it in a dinning room. We have done this at least three times now.

I have had luck getting a drink a few hrs early on the last day one of these times. But my bartender knew me and told me she would put the coupon in after 5pm... So, if you go to the same bartender, and tip over time, they can take care of you with things like this every once in awhile.

Hope that helps.

I don't see a big problem with using it on the last day after 5. If they want us to spend our own money during the cruise that's fine and then the coupon is like a reward at the end. Not really a bad deal as a free drink is still a free drink!

Mine may not be the popular opinion, but the way I see it, they're giving me a free drink. If they want me to use it after a certain time on a certain day, so be it. I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. I'm just grateful for the drink coupon.

Agreed! I used mine at the comedy club the last night and it was perfect! Had no issues whatsoever with using it the last night!

Agreed! I used mine at the comedy club the last night and it was perfect! Had no issues whatsoever with using it the last night!

With an attitude like that, you'll confuse the people that just need to complain about everything! :p

I am happy that the Plat drink coupon needs to be used at the Sea Day brunch. It made us go there and we found a cruising treat. We always eat Sea Day brunch now. It's become a new tradition for us.

I found the last day of the cruise drink to be easier to use than the sea day brunch one. Just grabbed a drink outside the MDR on the Miracle. Also they were so generous we got a 1.5 liter bottle of water in our stateroom instead of the advertised 1 liter one for past guests ;p.

Funny this topic should come up.....

John Heald just asked on his FB page how many gold members actually used their coupon.

And ALOT of people complained about the restrictions with the time....

He's in a meeting with the "beards", and I do know they are looking at making changes to the loyalty program, so maybe they will go back to letting us use ANY TIME!!!!:')

Or take it away altogether. KP I don't know about you but every time there have been changes in the loyalty program I have come up on the short end. Not much to do about it. I am grateful for what they give me. I don't cruise for the perks but it is difficult to be so close to the next level and see those benefits slip away.