Where's The Genie?

Our family is 14 days away from our cruise (YAY!) on Allure but as of today, no word from our genie aside from the standard questionnaire everyone gets around 6 weeks out. I've read on here that they make contact around 3 weeks out to go over things like cabanas at Labadee, but I never got that note. I sent an email to RC two days ago that has gone unresponded to....

Anyone who's cruised star class have any info that could help?

Do you think it is appropriate to discuss someone's work on this board?

Well..........................................................yea

I would want to hear about the experience they had with their genie.

Safe travels.

No it is not correct to evaluate someone's work publicly on the internet it is called internet mobbing!

I can't tell if you're joking? That is the whole purpose of this board. To discuss the service provided by the cruise lines. In a high profile position like the Genie it is entirely appropriate to discuss the service they provide. Not to discuss them personally but in their professional capacity as a Genie for RCI.

I can't tell if you're joking? That is the whole purpose of this board. To discuss the service provided by the cruise lines. In a high profile position like the Genie it is entirely appropriate to discuss the service they provide. Not to discuss them personally but in their professional capacity as a Genie for RCI.

I think you are wrong!

Genie is a glorified minimum wage job - if you discuss captains or CD's that would be a different thing....

But maybe I am prejudiced because I live in a country that values privacy and such a discussion would be illegal and needed to be removed from the board where I come from.

My DD is in a minimum wage job, where her income depends on tips thru good work.

She needs and wants feedback to improve herself for better work relations and of course increased revenue.

She new this from day one that she would be under constant scrutiny to perform at her best at every moment.

She will have that happy smiley face on even when customers treat her unfairly.

OK

She is a bartender helping us by earning some extra cash.

She has had drinks thrown at her when clients state that the drink was watered down.

Bouncers took care of that client, and the ambulance arrived quickly.

Her bar that she works at has gotten great reviews for safety, and cleanliness and a great work ethic.

And they do not serve to minors.

So I agree some jobs need feedback to here how you are doing.

She knows she had a good night when the tips are great.

And her boss lets her know how to improve productivity to keep the bar a success.

It is what it is.

Just saying.

Now the genie, could think she is doing a great job, and may not.

Her income depends more on the tips than wages.

We are an inquisitive group of cruise critics.

Speaking only for myself I would want to know.

Did not mean to ramble.

Sorry

Have a great day

Chef, can you share any details on your experience with her? My wife and I are sailing with our MIL and 2 DD's.

I'm happy to share my experience.

Before we boarded, I wasn't sure what to expect with the Genie services. I learned quickly that she would act as a liaison on our behalf throughout the ship.

I already knew about the Genie being able to set up our schedule of dining and show reservations. I had also read on here that our suite Attendant would work closely together with our Genie as well. This was true in our experience and as a team, our wonderful Attendants and Genie made sure we were very well taken care of.

What I wasn't fully aware of, and what Marla let us know, was that she would be our advocate for just about anything else we wanted.

For example, after hearing that I had gone out and brought breakfast items and Starbucks coffee back to our suite the first morning, she let me know that it was her job to make sure things like that were done from then on. So the next morning and each morning after, she arranged for our favorite breakfast items, fresh squeezed juice, and Starbucks coffee be delivered at the same time each morning.

If we wanted dinner in the suite, she made all the arrangements for us.

She wanted us to call her any time we wanted anything.

She was absolutely fantastic and made sure our time onboard was as enjoyable and worry-free as possible.

Please feel free to ask me anything specific if you would like to know anything else.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

I was about to post this. We did a last minute upgrade (we had received the Sky class concierge welcome email prior to upgrade) and we cruise in under a week. Will we expect to hear from the genie at all? I updated both the concierge and the Special Needs department about the cabin switch but have not received any acknowledgment either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before we boarded, I wasn't sure what to expect with the Genie services. I learned quickly that she would act as a liaison on our behalf throughout the ship.

I already knew about the Genie being able to set up our schedule of dining and show reservations. I had also read on here that our suite Attendant would work closely together with our Genie as well. This was true in our experience and as a team, our wonderful Attendants and Genie made sure we were very well taken care of.

What I wasn't fully aware of, and what Marla let us know, was that she would be our advocate for just about anything else we wanted.

For example, after hearing that I had gone out and brought breakfast items and Starbucks coffee back to our suite the first morning, she let me know that it was her job to make sure things like that were done from then on. So the next morning and each morning after, she arranged for our favorite breakfast items, fresh squeezed juice, and Starbucks coffee be delivered at the same time each morning.

She was absolutely fantastic and made sure our time onboard was as enjoyable and worry-free as possible.

Please feel free to ask me anything specific if you would like to know anything else.

Thanks Scott! Much appreciated. This is our first Star Class experience and I was curious about your experience -- thanks for sharing.

I was about to post this. We did a last minute upgrade (we had received the Sky class concierge welcome email prior to upgrade) and we cruise in under a week. Will we expect to hear from the genie at all? I updated both the concierge and the Special Needs department about the cabin switch but have not received any acknowledgment either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could always email the concierge and explain the situation. They should be able to connect you which your Genie.

So, have have my wife, daughter, niece, sister and brother in law on this cruise with us, I was hoping to have a special dinner in our room for our daughters 18th B-day, were booked in a Sky Loft Suite and I know that the table set up is only for 4, I didn't know if they could do a set up for 6?

You could always email the concierge and explain the situation. They should be able to connect you which your Genie.

That's an idea, thanks. I had hesitated to e-mail the concierge again as I think she's swamped with people getting on/off the ship and hadn't followed up on my previous e-mail (I had told her I had upgraded and requested for a list of Star class benefits to replace the Sky list she had e-mailed me; she had said ok but the e-mail never came). I'll probably e-mail her again at the risk of sounding like a pesky demanding suites passenger :o

So, have have my wife, daughter, niece, sister and brother in law on this cruise with us, I was hoping to have a special dinner in our room for our daughters 18th B-day, were booked in a Sky Loft Suite and I know that the table set up is only for 4, I didn't know if they could do a set up for 6?

This sounds like something a Genie could arrange. I would mention it to your Genie at the earliest opportunity and see what they can come up with.