Need Info for MDR and Specialty Restaurants on Silhouette-12 Night Baltic and Russian

wangy26

We will be on the Aug 23, 2017 Baltic and Russian Cruise (12 nights). We have $150/pp on board credit that I need to find best use of it. We already get 2 perks (for internet and tip). As of now I am thinking of spending some of them on specialty restaurants. Here are my questions:

1. Does anyone have the menu for the MDR? I would like to know the menu of MDR for the 12 nights we are on the ship. So I can pick the nights that MDR menu does not appeal to us and go to the specialty restaurants.

2. I understand that there are some multi meal packages for specialty restaurant you can book pre-cruise. Since I want to use the OBC I need to wait until I get on board. I also read that you may also see some specialty restaurant on sale during the cruise. So I am not sure if I should buy the multi meal package once I get on board or if I should wait for individual restaurant on sale.

3. I saw that X’s website has menu for each specialty restaurant. Does that mean each specialty restaurant has the same menu every day?

I know there are some very knowledgeable people on this board and would really appreciate it if someone can provide the information and suggestions that I am looking for. Thanks in advance!

Specialty restaurant menus do not change. I don't think you can get the menu order for your cruise until someone who sails that exact itinerary comes back to report. And looking at her schedule, she does a lot of different itineraries, so you may never know. EM

I believe the priestman's have posted all the menus from the MDR, but that might or might not be the exact rotation you get.

You can book specialty restaurants in a package, the 4 nights is the best deal at 4 for $125 which is about $31 a dinner. You might be able to get that same price asking for discounts each day but there's no guarantee they will offer discounts, so if you are sure you want to eat 4 times, AND if you want to use OBC, just book that when you first board.

If you want to take it day by day, look at the menu posted at the restaurant each day and then ask the person standing at the podium in the buffet entrance if there's a discount.

We've actually had them intercept us on the elevator as we headed to dinner to offer us a discount if we go right then. We have always accepted this offer. 😀

We were on this cruise in 2016. We sent directly to Murano and asked for the best price and were given $30 each. I love the lobster dinner - it is cooked at your table. We had been on the ship for the two previous cruises and we ate 3x in Murano. Two dinners were free and they other we paid the $30

• 4 months later...
We will be on the Aug 23, 2017 Baltic and Russian Cruise (12 nights). We have $150/pp on board credit that I need to find best use of it. We already get 2 perks (for internet and tip). As of now I am thinking of spending some of them on specialty restaurants. Here are my questions:

1. Does anyone have the menu for the MDR? I would like to know the menu of MDR for the 12 nights we are on the ship. So I can pick the nights that MDR menu does not appeal to us and go to the specialty restaurants.

2. I understand that there are some multi meal packages for specialty restaurant you can book pre-cruise. Since I want to use the OBC I need to wait until I get on board. I also read that you may also see some specialty restaurant on sale during the cruise. So I am not sure if I should buy the multi meal package once I get on board or if I should wait for individual restaurant on sale.

3. I saw that X’s website has menu for each specialty restaurant. Does that mean each specialty restaurant has the same menu every day?

I know there are some very knowledgeable people on this board and would really appreciate it if someone can provide the information and suggestions that I am looking for. Thanks in advance!

The MDR menu changes everyday. There are some core Items that stay, but always 5 or 6 new apps or main courses. You could ask the night before to view the following day.

Reservations at the specialty restaurants were not difficult to book on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can almost count on a discount being available at one or more specialty restaurants the first night of your cruise.

If you want to purchase s specialty restaurant package, you can use your OBC prior to sailing. It is listed in your cruise planner and can be used for purchases in advance of your cruise. That change was made in April.

It is possible to check MDR menus on the interactive television in the cabins. These may be subject to last minute changes but would give you a general idea. There is no way of telling what discounts may be offered in advance as this will vary from cruise to cruise depending on how bookings are going. There is usually a good chance of a discount on the first night and on overnight stops, and as others post , speciality restaurant staff sometimes will be outside the buffet or in lobby on embarkation to take bookings.

We are new to cruising and will be on the Silhouette Baltic cruise on 8/23. I was just going over our paper work and got confused by Wangy26 post. We also have 150pp OBC as well as 2 perks. Are the perks per person or per cabin? We signed up for gratuities but would also like Internet. The drink packages don't work for us since I don't drink. I noticed that Wangy26 said their 2 perks were internet and tips for 1 person or 2? We are also thinking about using the OBC for speciality dining.

We are new to cruising and will be on the Silhouette Baltic cruise on 8/23. I was just going over our paper work and got confused by Wangy26 post. We also have 150pp OBC as well as 2 perks. Are the perks per person or per cabin? We signed up for gratuities but would also like Internet. The drink packages don't work for us since I don't drink. I noticed that Wangy26 said their 2 perks were internet and tips for 1 person or 2? We are also thinking about using the OBC for speciality dining.

When you select a perk ("go big") or two perks ("go better") as part of your booking, it is for both people in the cabin (persons 1 & 2). If you choose to purchase additional "perks" such as Internet, you can do that individually. Those purchases can be made through the cruise planner or by calling Celebrity, if you don't want to deal with the website. You can purchase the internet package in advance or on the ship. I've seen posts which mention a BOGO 50% off promotion. You might want to call Celebrity and see if that deal is available- if both of you want internet packages.

We have sailed with one perk (classic beverage package) OR two perks ("go better" - Classic beverage package and internet package) OR all four perks ("go best" - premium beverage package, gratuities, $300 OBC and internet), depending on the cost of the cruise.

Whichever perks are selected as part of the booking apply to both guests.

Bear in mind you can have only one device connected to the internet at a time. Both my DH and I have the internet package as he needs to do work while on the cruise and I want it for fun. So, I will connect my phone for wifi calling when he needs to make phone calls and use his computer at the same time. I can toggle between devices- phone, laptop and iPad but only have one connected at any given time.

Enjoy your cruise!

i would not worry about missing any meal in the MDR, on my last cruise X, the MDR was a forgettable experience. We ate at the Lawn Club grill, certainly NOT worth the $40pp we paid. We had eaten at Qsine on an earlier voyage, it is a MUST if you have never done it - just for the one-of-a-kind experience. Murano and Tuscan are simply the same food, served in a better environment. The buffet was great for breakfast, they have really good burgers at the mast grill(free) and Lawn Club Grill ($15). You will have many opportunities to sign up for specialty dining... trust me. They have a podium at the entrance to the buffet.