mid ship Caribe Suites on Star Princess question

puli

Cannot find any comments on the Star Princess suites that surround the mid ship elevators. Has anyone experienced noise from the elevators or stair traffic? Other that port or starboard location I cannot find a reason to select one over another and there is only one available review which is a good one for the aft port mid- suite .

We have stayed in C415 on the Star and C415 and C422 on the Grand (sister ship) and have not noticed any noise from the elevators. In my opinion these occupy the best location on the ship, extra large balconies (9x17), and less motion because you are at the center of the fulcrum. We have C414 reserved for Alaska in 2018 on the Grand. Btw the suites I listed all have beds facing forwards, the suites adjacent to them are mirror images with beds facing aft.

Port or starboard depends on the itinerary.

Edited by cflutist

we are thinking of booking 424...the last one portside looking aft. It is by the stairs but has no opposite cabin. I think they are all pretty much the same...figure we will either be going up or down the stairs or walking aft to get to the aft elevators for Skywalker and the lido . Going on an Alaska cruise tour in 2018.

There have been many (many!) threads where people ask about noise from the elevators. Not once have I ever seen a response stating that there is a problem. Enjoy your suite!

We have stayed in C415 on the Star and C415 and C422 on the Grand (sister ship) and have not noticed any noise from the elevators. In my opinion these occupy the best location on the ship, extra large balconies (9x17), and less motion because you are at the center of the fulcrum. We have C414 reserved for Alaska in 2018 on the Grand. Btw the suites I listed all have beds facing forwards, the suites adjacent to them are mirror images with beds facing aft.

Port or starboard depends on the itinerary.

Thanks for the bed direction info as we've sailed in a penthouse and happened to have lucked out with a forward facing bed. We just booked a Star sailing and now know we have an aft facing bed; however, I just got off the phone with my TA and changed to the adjacent cabin which is forward facing. Again thanks!

Thanks for the bed direction info as we've sailed in a penthouse and happened to have lucked out with a forward facing bed. We just booked a Star sailing and now know we have an aft facing bed; however, I just got off the phone with my TA and changed to the adjacent cabin which is forward facing. Again thanks!

No problem, enjoy your cruise and the new Club Class Dining too.

funny, I prefer an aft facing bed...in rough seas when the bow dips your forward motion is stopped by the head board. the opposite rise of the stern never seems as drastic..once on the Med. in bad, bad storm in a bow facing bed we almost flipped over the foot of the bed...however in mid ship cabins it probably doesn't matter.