Excursion ideas to please kids (11 and 13), parents and grandparents (70s and active)

fl-girl

We'll be sailing to St. Maarten in June on RCI Harmony and I simply can't find an excursion that seems like it'll fit the bill. Everyone recommends a popular snorkeling tour, but I don't think that'll suit the grandparents who are not into snorkeling. Some people recommend an "island tour" but that will probably bore the snot out of the tween/tween.

I should add that we are from Florida, so a beach day is not that exciting. We can do that any day of the week.

Who's got the perfect fun excursion that'll excite the kids AND the grandparents on St. Maarten? I should add that the grandparents are active, own their own speedboat, etc., but definitely don't want to snorkel.

I'll be forever grateful for your ideas and suggestions! Thanks!

We'll be sailing to St. Maarten in June on RCI Harmony and I simply can't find an excursion that seems like it'll fit the bill. Everyone recommends a popular snorkeling tour, but I don't think that'll suit the grandparents who are not into snorkeling. Some people recommend an "island tour" but that will probably bore the snot out of the tween/tween.

I should add that we are from Florida, so a beach day is not that exciting. We can do that any day of the week.

Who's got the perfect fun excursion that'll excite the kids AND the grandparents on St. Maarten? I should add that the grandparents are active, own their own speedboat, etc., but definitely don't want to snorkel.

"America's Cup" sailing and race. https://www.12metre.com/

Fun for all ages. Each can helm and have photograph taken to prove it. Jive ho! 😀

What are you doing at your other ports?

Loterie Farm has ziplining.

I don't think the grandparents would be physically able to zipline.

We are just going to walk around in San Juan, PR.... we plan on letting the kids go to the water park/bouncy area in Labadee.... so St. Maarten was our ONE place we had planned on doing an excursion together. And trying to find something that everyone will enjoy is proving difficult :(

So many other ports (on other cruises) have a 100 things that I think would suit the whole family. I can't find anything on this one though.

I don't think the grandparents would be physically able to zipline.

We are just going to walk around in San Juan, PR.... we plan on letting the kids go to the water park/bouncy area in Labadee.... so St. Maarten was our ONE place we had planned on doing an excursion together. And trying to find something that everyone will enjoy is proving difficult :(

So many other ports (on other cruises) have a 100 things that I think would suit the whole family. I can't find anything on this one though.

I know that you are exaggerating when you say "so many other ports ( on other cruises) have a 100 things ....I can't find anything on this one though" please give us examples of non beach, non snorkelling boat tours and not zip lining things on one of your other ports. Maybe this will help us know what you are looking.

Heck if you have even just name what you've done at other ports it will help.

That actually looks pretty great! Thanks so much for sharing that!!!

I'll 2nd Bernards Tours...but do opt to book the private tour with your group only, no need to do one with a large group of strangers...you'll be glad you did, we were ;)

I have heard that there is an Amazing Race type adventure/scavenger hunt on St. Maarten - that might be fun for the whole fam. I don't know if this is offered through the cruise ship or privately but maybe someone here can help with those details....

I know that you are exaggerating when you say "so many other ports ( on other cruises) have a 100 things ....I can't find anything on this one though" please give us examples of non beach, non snorkelling boat tours and not zip lining things on one of your other ports. Maybe this will help us know what you are looking.

Heck if you have even just name what you've done at other ports it will help.��

I would really like to know the 100 things available in other ports that st. Maarten is missing. I have been to St. Kitts, San Juan, Antigua, Ocho Rios, Donimica, Barbados, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, St. Thomas, St. Lucia and Belize among others and have been trying to think of non-water, non-strenuous, non-beach activities that these places have that St. Maarten doesn't.

The Bob-sled park in Ochos Rios is one thing and tubing in a few places is the other but that's all I can come up with. If you would be so kind could you share what you have done or even read about as many of us, me included, are always looking for new things to do.:)

Thanks everyone!! Has anyone done Bernards since the iguana farm closed for construction? I'm wondering if the tour is still good with that part missing??

Sorry...but we just stopped along a rocky area and there was a local there with several Iguana's. I can't imagine this would have much impact or a deal breaker on whether to book Bernard's or not.