Sail Beyond promotion

srdancer

Tomorrow (4/3) is the last day of the current promotion. Last month they extended it from cruises through Apr. 2018 to cruises through May 2018. Any idea if they will extend the promotion after tomortow for later cruises, based on history?

Tomorrow (4/3) is the last day of the current promotion. Last month they extended it from cruises through Apr. 2018 to cruises through May 2018. Any idea if they will extend the promotion after tomortow for later cruises, based on history?

Looks like the Sail Beyond event ends today (4/3) and the "World is Open" Starts tomorrow.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/17055970_CEL_April_Offer.pdf

Why is it that when I try to book these promotions, free isn't truly free? I hate to open a can of worms, but it seems like there's an upcharge for getting the free stuff. If I book without the "free" offers it's cheaper. I wouldn't mind having the drink package if it's truly free, but it's not worth extra $.

I agree that the "free perks" aren't truly free, but to me they are still an outstanding deal and substantial value for those sailing in OV and above staterooms who enjoy beverage packages, internet, etc. and other amenities while onboard - even with part of the cost factored into the price. At least this appears to be the case for a good majority of the sail dates, it is still a better deal than paying for these items separately.

If not a drinker, or if you don't do the specialty dining or spa services then probably not such a great value and you're probably better off booking without the offers. I just priced out my Dec. 2017 cruise both ways and it is $250 less per person without the perks. However to add the perks separately it would be $385pp for the drink package alone. So in our case it works out to be a savings of $285pp booking with the perks versus paying for the packages separately so in effect they do feel "almost free". :-)

I do agree that the deals favor passengers who will spend more money on board, but I can't say I'm upset with Celebrity as it makes sense from a business perspective. I'm truly thankful to be in a place financially that I don't have to book an inside cabin or penny pinch to cruise, but I do understand both sides of the coin as I've been there in that inside cabin just thrilled to be sailing.