Carnival Vista with two teenagers- boy will be 17 and girl will be 14

ZoolaBella

How many of you have taken your teenagers on Carnival Vista and did they like it? My son will be 17 years old and my daughter will be 14 years old. I am more worried about my son being unhappy. I was looking at Royal Caribbean because I like the Mega Ships with activities but not really liking the 1:00am curfew. I heard they are pretty strict and I just don't want to spend all that money and have an unhappy 17 year old. We have been to all-inclusives and it has never been a problem as long as they are behaving themselves. Please give me your advise. I have been on Carnival but many years ago and really liked it. I would like to take them on a cruise because I think it would be FUN.

We just cruised the VISTA with our 16 (son) and 14 (daughter) and they had a blast. If they can hook up with other kids in their age group, they will "pal around" and find fun things to do. OFten times, they would hang out on the Sports Square at night (basket ball, mini golf, human pool, fooseball, etc). During the day, there are TONS of things for them to do: the ropes course, high-flying bicycle, slides, IMAX movies. There will be no loss of things for them to do. Go for it!

CeleBrat

How many of you have taken your teenagers on Carnival Vista and did they like it? My son will be 17 years old and my daughter will be 14 years old. I am more worried about my son being unhappy. I was looking at Royal Caribbean because I like the Mega Ships with activities but not really liking the 1:00am curfew. I heard they are pretty strict and I just don't want to spend all that money and have an unhappy 17 year old. We have been to all-inclusives and it has never been a problem as long as they are behaving themselves. Please give me your advise. I have been on Carnival but many years ago and really liked it. I would like to take them on a cruise because I think it would be FUN.

I am a male and am 26 now, but I can tell you that I had been on 3 Carnival cruises between the ages of 15-17 and those were some of the most fun times and made tons of memories. Ultimately those cruises are what got me hooked on cruising lol. Got to meet a lot of cool people and always had something to do. Can't speak on Royal Caribbean as I never have been on that cruise line before. I remember when my parents planned a cruise instead of the beach, I was not happy because I thought it would be boring, but man was I wrong!

17 Year olds only use the "clubs" to meet others of their kind...they will find PLENTY to do out and about on the ship. Your daughter may still enjoy the club activities, but will also find friends to "hang" with.

My older son (18 in August) has been on 6 cruises and LOVES the teen club. He goes the first night and usually finds one or 2 kids he relates to (high functioning aspergers) and they hang out all cruise. Our next cruise is in June and the last time he will be able to enjoy the teen club - disappointing and why we are probably not going to cruise again for a while.