Dropping luggage in Barcelona

stretchcruz

Hi! We are leaving in less than 2 weeks for Barcelona, the Baltics and Beyond (22 days!!). We arrive in Barcelona at 7 AM. We are taking a taxi from the airport to the port and going to drop off our luggage, then we are heading to Sagrada La Familia (I already bought tickets). I know that there is no problem dropping off our luggage, my question is regarding our carry ons (with our meds, jewelry, change of clothes, etc.) Wondering if there are lockers or somewhere that we can check the carry ons and pick them up when we return from Sagrada and board the ship? Thanks!!

Hi! We are leaving in less than 2 weeks for Barcelona, the Baltics and Beyond (22 days!!). We arrive in Barcelona at 7 AM. We are taking a taxi from the airport to the port and going to drop off our luggage, then we are heading to Sagrada La Familia (I already bought tickets). I know that there is no problem dropping off our luggage, my question is regarding our carry ons (with our meds, jewelry, change of clothes, etc.) Wondering if there are lockers or somewhere that we can check the carry ons and pick them up when we return from Sagrada and board the ship? Thanks!!

Barcelona-tourist-guide.com is full of helpful information and on the page I just linked to, if you keep scrolling down, it says the words you you do not want to hear: no self-storage lockers.

Baggage Storage

There is a baggage delivery service at the cruise port. However there are no self-storage lockers at the port. We recommend you see the following pages that explains the options available to you for storing your luggage when arriving at the port.

We recommend you see our
article that will explain how you can store your bags if you do not want to use a baggage transfer service.

I think it is very rare that luggage gets lost from the pier side drop off to your cabin. The biggest reason is that ALL of the luggage in that area is going to the SAME place - your ship. I have heard stories in places with multiple ships leaving at the same time have had some confusion - like in Miami, but would imagine even that must be very rare.

Though I am always concerned about our "carry on" since it has ipad or computer, etc. - I think it would be safe to drop at the pier with your other bag(s). I am assuming it is a decent bag and not a shopping bag - LOL!

Thanks!! No, it is a real carryon...I may just take my chances and leave it and take the really important stuff with us....better than dragging a rollaboard all around Barcelona!

Especially since it might be an issue at Sagrada Familia

I did email Viking and my contact there was very nice but did say that she was not aware of any place I could lock and check my carryon. She said that she would do further checking and email me if she found out anything before we left.