Caribbean Princess delay 4/6/17

travelers07

Already posted on rollcall but will post here too in case anyone needs to know. Returning from dry dock, the ship is now about halfway between the Bahamas and Ft Lauderdale. We were due to board today at 1pm.

Received this in an email about an hour ago-

CRUISE EMBARKATION DELAYED TO 5:00 PM

Hope this helps everyone with flight delays yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope all goes well for those boarding today! As a first time Princess cruiser I am glad I'm on the next sail date and not this one. Excited to hear what everyone has to say about the changes...not that I have any point of reference other than photos and other people's perspective of the ship's previous condition. I've only sailed on RCCL.

bridge cam still shows her in dry dock.

hope everyone has a safe and fun cruise.

That's an old picture (March 26) showing on the bridge cam on the Princess site. The FLL port cam shows her docked at Terminal 2.

Tony, as Captain, you have to row the boat and pass out the sandwitches. It's part of the job :D

I'll pass out the sandwiches. I'm lucky Margie my wife loves to row. She says it keeps her in good shape. I always agree with her :D :D.

The Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony

My husband was working on the dry dock for this one, happy to say after over five weeks away (on this and other dry docks) he's home for a couple of weeks before going off again to make the next one look beautiful! :D

My husband was working on the dry dock for this one, happy to say after over five weeks away (on this and other dry docks) he's home for a couple of weeks before going off again to make the next one look beautiful! :D

Be sure to thank him for me. We sail CB next March on the first Medallion cruise and will enjoy all the TLC the ship received in this dry dock.

I know it's a day late and most people might already know the cause of the delay but it's because of the horrible weather in Georgia that so many flights were cancelled and because there were a large number of Princess passengers that were on the sailing or had transfers with Princess that they waited for those. Same thing is happening today as Delta has cancelled nearly 3000 flights out of Atlanta which is their hub. From experience for the last 19 years with Princess most passengers with transfers fly in to Delta or Air Canada into FLL at terminal 2. I know all of this through a very liable source.