Koningsdam TV Input: an answer.

Mosaic

Koningsdam TV

So currently in a Koningsdam Neptune suite with a 50” TV. It does have USB and HDMI connections on the right side of the TV, inset about 6” from the edge, centered from the top to bottom.

AND I CAN AND DID CONNECT to them!

It is a Samsung TV. In my case I connected an extension cable (HDMI OR USB) to the port. I did bring a universal remote, ran the auto program and bingo, had the “input” to TV options available to me. Connected my laptop—of course will work with any HDMI connected device, changed to HDMI and my computer screen was on the TV.

Well done! I thought it would be especially difficult because the "frame" around the TV looks so close that I feared it would be hard to see around to the side to view the inputs? Is there actually enough room to look around?

Thanks.

Now I wonder about the answer to this question vis a vis the upcoming uplift of suites aboard Nieuw Amsterdam. It would be great to be able to project the photos I take up on the screen using the Nikon Snapbridge app while we're still in a position to retake the photo if the closer examination if it reveals its inadequacy.

Samsung has an universal remote app on my phone, so I wouldn't even need to being along a universal remote.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

• 2 years later...
Guest debbiejohncruise
On 4/8/2017 at 6:04 AM, Mosaic said:

Koningsdam TV

So currently in a Koningsdam Neptune suite with a 50” TV. It does have USB and HDMI connections on the right side of the TV, inset about 6” from the edge, centered from the top to bottom.

AND I CAN AND DID CONNECT to them!

It is a Samsung TV. In my case I connected an extension cable (HDMI OR USB) to the port. I did bring a universal remote, ran the auto program and bingo, had the “input” to TV options available to me. Connected my laptop—of course will work with any HDMI connected device, changed to HDMI and my computer screen was on the TV.

I wonder if all the tvs are accessible or just in the suites? Anyone know?

52 minutes ago, debbiejohncruise said:

On the Vista class ships and the Eurodam, the ships I have been on, the new, flat screen TV's all have HDMI side-facing jacks on the rear.  The problem is getting your hand behind the TV and plugging in your HDMI cable.   Possibly bring a set of long tongs (what you use to flip hot dogs on your grill) to reach in there.   The remotes that HAL provide do now allow input switching, so you have to bring a universal remote.   Make sure your HDMI cable is at least 12 ft long, or your laptop will be sitting on the floor.  And finally, PLEASE be sure to switch the TV back to the Ethernet connection before you disembark.  Otherwise, the next guests will have nothing until they can get maintenance to restore the settings.

13 minutes ago, debbiejohncruise said:

This is going to depend on when the TVs were installed and by whom.

Currently on Noordam just out of dry dock. The TV in my outside (obstructed) cabin is an LG. On the left side centered top to bottom about 6 - 7 inches in I can feel some jacks with the tip of my finger. The frame around the TV is such that it would be difficult to use tongs or anything else to try to insert a connection.

The distance between the TV and the frame is also about 6 inches.

TV.jpg