Door magnets/decorations

Do people decorate the outside of their cabin doors? I've been on several Disney cruises and many would put magnets on their doors or celebratory signs or "fish-extenders" (especially for young kids)?

Yes, they do. I usually put a magnet on our door, however, on Serenade in February ours was stolen off our door!! Couldn't believe someone would do such a thing. Plus our room was just off the centrum, not off in a corner!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do people decorate the outside of their cabin doors? I've been on several Disney cruises and many would put magnets on their doors or celebratory signs or "fish-extenders" (especially for young kids)?

I'd say the decorated doors average around 10%.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "fish extender"?

Outside the stateroom doors on Disney ships, there are hooks. Many of these hooks have fish on them. Some people who join Disney cruise meet groups set up fish extender groups in which they deliver small gifts to others who also join the fish extender group. You hang special holders (called fish extenders) from the fish hook for others in your fish extender group to deliver the gifts to. These gifts may be Disney themed, something representative of someone's home area, something homemade, something useful or anything that a person may choose to give.

I decorate my door on Disney cruises but generally not on other cruise lines. Although, I do plan to put a magnet on my door on my Anthem cruise as I find it useful in finding my door. I love decorated doors.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I cruised on Vision over Valentine's Day last year and noticed a large number of decorated doors. (Themed for Valentine's Day) More so than on the other cruises that I've taken.

My friend and I typically use a magnetic dry-erase board to put on our door and tell people to write us something. It's fun seeing it at the end of each night, what people have written and such... then we clean it off for the next day.

Also, based off other topics found across Cruise Critic. Most people here seem very against any sort of decoration on your door and you might catch some flack for even daring to ask. Ha

We started decorating our door when on a Disney cruise 4 years ago and have kept it up ever since, including twice so far on Royal. I plan to do it again on Oasis next month. My son loves it and it makes our door so much easier to find. I keep my magnets from one cruise to the next so it isn't a lot of work and they are pictures printed on cardstock so I am not too concerned if one disappears. I know that others will disagree, but I love seeing decorated doors. It helps break up the monotony of long hallways (and clues me in if I have accidentally gone down the wrong hallway, when I see decorations that I've never encountered before).