Live - Anthem of the Seas 4/9/17 - 4/17/17

So sorry to hear that you were in such pain & had to go to the ER. I truly enjoyed your review and think all couples should do one together! Yours is the first I have read like that. It was great! Again hope you're feeling better and enjoy the re-do of your anniversary. Happy Anniversary!

Hey all, thanks for the live report! We have a big group (6 adults and 3 children) traveling from Garden City to Bayonne on May 11th. Did anyone use a LI car company? Any recommendations!

Hey all, thanks for the live report! We have a big group (6 adults and 3 children) traveling from Garden City to Bayonne on May 11th. Did anyone use a LI car company? Any recommendations!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We used Black Executive Car and were very pleased with the service.

Also post your transportation question to the East Coast Departures forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

The experts on that forum are very knowledgable.

Thanks! We live in Wantagh/Levittown area

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been following you and your husbands review and it's great. We're going on the Anthem in July. P.S. - we're practically neighbors. We live in Farmingdale and my husband grew up in Levittown.

Hi Sheryl & Family -

Thanks so much for the live review, I truly enjoyed it (and belated Happy Anniversary!). Happy to hear you're feeling better (sorry about the ER on your return home - ugh). Glad your DH got his certification (and sorry your DS had issues). I was following closely since it's my dream to SCUBA (but, the doctor just smashed my hopes last week). Just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed your take on Anthem!

FYI - I'm from Farmingdale, but my Mom lives in Wantagh. Small world. :cool:

Yes, definitely a small world. I'm sorry about the scuba thing for you. I would like to try Snuba sometime. Or those underwater scooters.

I've been following you and your husbands review and it's great. We're going on the Anthem in July. P.S. - we're practically neighbors. We live in Farmingdale and my husband grew up in Levittown.

Thanks! There is someone else from Farmingdale too, that's not far from us. I grew up in Levittown, graduated from MacArthur. That's where my kids go now.

Yes, definitely a small world. I'm sorry about the scuba thing for you. I would like to try Snuba sometime. Or those underwater scooters.

Thanks, Sheryl. I cannot Snuba either (same medical form - drats!). But, I may try to snorkel. Hope you get to try Snuba!

And lettrich - Hi to others from Farmingdale!!!! (sorry for the slight thread highjack!)

Thank you for all the work put into this thread.

One question, what is a WOW band? I've seen that term but know nothing about it.

(Sailing on the Anthem, June 8th -- cannot wait!)

Here's a clear picture of one. It's the same chip from your seapass card, in a water proof wrist band.

57f7baa8c3a21dbd65897256ade6b7b6.jpg

The RCCL site does make them seem a bit more useful than they really are. You can't use it to get off or back on at ports. And to use them to pay for drinks on ship, you'll have to take it off and hand it to bartender. Other than that, it's nice for everything else and for going to pool without having to carry anything but a towel, since it opens room door. At $5, it's not bad but, really think they should just give them to all guests, along with regular seapass card.

The WOW bands came complimentary with our suite. I really thought they would be silly but they really did come in handy. I appreciated not having to pull out my sea pass card to enter the room, just put my wrist to the door and it unlocked. I did consider paying for two additional ones for the kids but we never did. My husband is right, it's nice for the pool and that it can be worn in the water, don't have to take your sea pass card with you to the pool and worry about losing it.

I don't know what I did with mine, wouldn't be able to find it now. There was no real difference, we just used it to open the door to our room. You could probably use a pen or marker to make a mark on the band. I guess it would matter if one of you had a drink package and the other doesn't, then you want to make sure you use the right band at the bar. Or if you have a different credit card tied to each of your sea pass cards. We both had the same drink package and same credit card so it really didn't matter if we mixed up our bands by accident.

How do you tell the difference between say, you and your hubby's? If I wanted to personalize it, how much space is there between round part and holes on band. Thank you for info!!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

the wow bands come in different colors. in the suites each guest is has a specific assigned band - included at no extra cost. I have one band which has my muster station imprinted. One of my wow bands does not. if you use a wow band from a previous cruise (at guest services or maybe at the store on board where you can buy a wow band) they can reconfigure to current cruise. If you purchase one new the gift shop will configure for you. there are 9 holes on one of my bands. 8 on another. the one with 9 holes has a metal clip thing at the end. In the one with 8 holes it has 3 rubber "pegs" which go into the holes. the one with 9 holes has about an inch between the round center part and the first hole. the one with 8 holes has about 2 inches between the round center part and the first hole.

Sheryl, I am slowing getting thru your thread! THANK YOU so much!!!

BeenSailing, Thank you for the details! We will be purchasing ours on board and I have a personalization business, so you have given me the info I need! Can't wait!

You are welcome - enjoy your cruise.

Can I get your opinion on the photo package? Did the pics come out good? Do you also get the printed pics?

The pictures do come out nice. There might be some you don't like but a lot do come out very nice. I will have a hard time choosing which to print and frame. We didn't receive or purchase any actual prints. We purchased the photo package for $249 prior to the cruise and we were given a flash drive (USB) to go home with.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if the package also let you keep the printed pics as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Forums mobile app

I didn't think to post about it earlier but we didn't find any printed pictures on this ship. I'm guessing they are utilizing technology and wasting less paper. The Photo gallery is filled with tablets to review your pictures. I didn't look into their options but I assume you can order printed pics while on the ship or choose one of their digital packages.

Thanks so much to both of you for your reviews! We are going on her in August and interested in the escape room. I don't see it listed anywhere in cruise planner to reserve ahead of time. Will you please let me know how to sign up for this? Thanks!

Thanks so much to both of you for your reviews! We are going on her in August and interested in the escape room. I don't see it listed anywhere in cruise planner to reserve ahead of time. Will you please let me know how to sign up for this? Thanks!

You can sign up prior to boarding through the RCI website, I believe they open reservation slots ~90 days prior to boarding. As always, the best way to know when you can reserve online is either check daily or sign up to the Roll Call for your cruise, there will normally be someone that will notice this in the group.

When you board you can also use the RoyalIQ app for signing up if there are open slots.

Finally, what I did during my cruise was to ask Guest Service to look for an open space, there were none but they printed the schedule for it, so you can walk up to the Escape Room right before it starts to see if there are any cancellations or open spaces.

Good luck!