Time to take a Stand on No Adult Ony Pools

Tonight I called Carnival to discuss my options on canceling our cruise on Splendor over this asinine policy to eliminate Adult Only pools.

After getting the news it would cost me about $1300, I was connected to a CS person who heard my complaint.

Of course she could have been feeding me a line of BS but said management was polling the responses and was open to a change.

Love kids, raised 2 and have cruised with their children.

However, adults who pay full fare and spend much of the money on a cruise need and deserve a place where we can go to swim, relax, drink( bar revenue ) and have a good time without the screaming and splashing that goes with kids.

If you feel this way please contact Carnival and make your voice heard!

This reminds me SO much when they changed the smoking rules years ago and all the smokers were going to boycott. I'm sure carnival has done extensive research and wouldn't have made a decision like this if they thought it would negatively effect their business. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We crunched the numbers and although Sandals seems expensive. We always sail on a balcony and always get cheers. I am a diver, scuba and snorkeling is free at Sandals, we saved over $100 a day. The food is far superior to Carnival and you are never fighting for a lounge chair. Before you flame me, we love cruising as well. We have done 2 B2B 2 years in a row. They are 2 completely different vacations.

I'm sure carnival has done extensive research and wouldn't have made a decision like this if they thought it would negatively effect their business. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree and maybe they are only making certain ships more family friendly and leaving a few with the adult pool. There are still some ships with the adult only pools.

It's most troubling on the ships without serenity. I don't mind kids, truly. I have 2 of my own. In fact I appreciate that carnival is a family friendly brand. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for one outdoor area to be kid-free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it hard to get myself worked up over this, but I'm not a big pool person to begin with. At least with this change CCL can't be accused of making a money grab:D. Complaining is fine, but if the change doesn't cost CCL money they likely won't listen. Maybe they will only limit this to Conquest class, leaving things alone on the other classes.

I was over this before it started.

This too will pass just like the following

Funnel Deck bye bye

No more Mints

Table Cloths

Removal of the Red and Gold from the VIP party

and the Drink coupon

Its vacation. Just have fun.

I find it hard to get myself worked up over this, but I'm not a big pool person to begin with. At least with this change CCL can't be accused of making a money grab:D. Complaining is fine, but if the change doesn't cost CCL money they likely won't listen. Maybe they will only limit this to Conquest class, leaving things alone on the other classes.

Well I'll be dang, sometimes you hit the nail right on the head and sink it.

We crunched the numbers and although Sandals seems expensive. We always sail on a balcony and always get cheers. I am a diver, scuba and snorkeling is free at Sandals, we saved over $100 a day. The food is far superior to Carnival and you are never fighting for a lounge chair. Before you flame me, we love cruising as well. We have done 2 B2B 2 years in a row. They are 2 completely different vacations.

We've been to Sandals twice, they have very nice resorts.

The response to the aft pool change has been overwhelmingly negative - not just on CC, but everywhere else on social media as well. The example of the smoking changes doesn't really fit this situation. Non-smokers were thrilled with those changes, and smoking is trending downward. Carnival just misjudged the reaction to this change, but I believe they will reconsider this one.

There are plenty of adult only all-inclusive resorts around the Caribbean - Sandals is way overpriced, but there are plenty of other options. The only reason we have a cruise planned on the Glory this month is that the adults only resort we normally visit in May is closed for remodeling. It'll be my wife's first cruise ever, and the adult only areas on the ship were a big consideration when we booked. The adult only pool was a factor, and we'd have just found a different resort had we known each pool was kid friendly. We'd never consider a resort that allowed children - but cruising has always been such an amazing vacation that I wanted my wife to experience it.

Ive been on 5 cruise and every single one had kids in that back pool. I didnt realize it was such a big deal. Or maybe it just a really vocal minority?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

I am constantly amazed at what seems to be a big deal or no deal to the general cruise population. For me personally this whole thing is an amazing amount of drama over a nothing issue. The pools are not worth getting in, they are filled with cold seawater and they are tiny.

Tonight I called Carnival to discuss my options on canceling our cruise on Splendor over this asinine policy to eliminate Adult Only pools.

After getting the news it would cost me about $1300, I was connected to a CS person who heard my complaint.

Of course she could have been feeding me a line of BS but said management was polling the responses and was open to a change.

Love kids, raised 2 and have cruised with their children.

However, adults who pay full fare and spend much of the money on a cruise need and deserve a place where we can go to swim, relax, drink( bar revenue ) and have a good time without the screaming and splashing that goes with kids.

If you feel this way please contact Carnival and make your voice heard!

HI, Do we just contact the regular 1800 customer service number or is there an email address? I defiantly want to be heard this is something my husband and I enjoy when we cruise alone because we have 3 kids at home and just want some down time.

I don't really care about the pools and swimming you have to remember the hot tubs and the relaxing part of the adult only area. So often the kids are unattended or the parents just ignore them and they really can be very disturbing. I had four of my own and when they were younger I would have respected other adults for the time away from kids they deserve.

Sounds like you should try a line that caters to an older crowd then. Or, maybe try Sunshine. I believe there is a pool on the Serenity deck, your kid problem solved. We'll let you know for sure May 2018.

The Serenity pool on Sunshine fits perhaps 15 people. Its nice but,like the rest of the Fantasy class ships, much smaller than any aft pools, of which there are none on the Sunshine.

The 'age shaming' really needs to stop. There are many childless young couples who are as upset as the rest of us about this unneccessary change. I've raised my kids, generally don't mind others, but there are times when i prefer adult company where adult conversations can be had over the natural exuberance of kids running and splashing.

Little kids won't be the reason it will be impossible to go swimming...

This is my husbands and I third cruises.. Unfortunately the younger children and younger teens do make it complicated to use the pool and hot tub. Sometimes there are so many children in the hot tube you can not get in and when you do they are splashing, screaming and use water guns and other toys in the hot tub.. I was able to use the hot tub once when there was no children which was the last hour at night the tub is open on that ship it was 10pm so it was dark and must of the children where in bed or else where.. So we were the only two people in the hot tub.. The pool is always full and has lots of screaming, splashing and gaming play.. All in all if you are looking for some nice quiet time close to the pool its not going to happen in the family friendly pools area. There are plenty beach chairs to lounge on a little ways away from the pool and hot tub to lounge and get sun if that is all you are looking for.. I called carnival to day and they said they have no record of the adult pool become family friendly so I am not sure.