7 day Spa pass on Breeze

McDangerpants

I have only ever been to a spa on a ship twice. And both times were for a massage. We were looking at the thalassotherapy pool yesterday and both thought we might be interested in getting the spa pass. If any of you guys have gotten it before, how often did you use the pass? Also, do they limit the number of guests allowed in at one time? How do they keep all of the seats from being taken? We will be on our honeymoon, so lots of relaxing and just enjoying one another's company is what we will mainly be doing this cruise.

We had Spa cabin on Dream in June '15. The ship was very crowded, and the spa was a great place to get away from the crowds. Most times we visited, we had it to ourselves. It was wonderful, you will enjoy your time there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always get the spa pass or a spa cabin on our cruises now, we're addicted! We loved the spa on the Breeze so much last year that we booked the Breeze again (with a spa cabin) for this summer. With the older class ships without Cloud 9 spa's it's free for anyone to use the spa and it's usually very full (just from my personal experiences of course.) But with the Cloud 9 spa on the newer ships it's not free so there's a lot less people. They only sell a limited amount of passes so it's never very crowded. And if the Thelasso heated bubbly therapy pool is full I just use one of the steam rooms, saunas, or heated loungers. And when I go back the therapy pool isn't full anymore. But it's rare to see it crowded in there. That's one of the reasons we like it so much. And there's no kids (only 18 years and over allowed) and it's very quiet and peaceful. We used our passes daily because we aren't really pool people. We prefer to be away from the loud overcrowded pool area. I hope this helps. :)

This may seem like a silly question but what should one wear in the spa? A swimsuit in the t-pool, but what about the steam rooms and heated loungers?

We wore our swimsuits. Everyone we saw did the same. Hope you were not thinking about going nude!:eek: Remember these are all coed. Some people kept the robes on when using the loungers. But I wouldn't want that heavy robe on in the steam rooms. They were very warm.

We wore our swimsuits. Everyone we saw did the same. Hope you were not thinking about going nude!:eek: Remember these are all coed. Some people kept the robes on when using the loungers. But I wouldn't want that heavy robe on in the steam rooms. They were very warm.

Haha no plans on going nude here! I was thinking swim cover. [emoji3]

• 4 weeks later...

I've bought the spa pass once, and had a spa cabin once (Dream and Breeze). You'll get access to the T-pool, as well as the thermal suite, with different sauna and steam rooms, and heated loungers, etc.

Without the spa pass, there is a sauna that is available to anyone on the ship to use. Usually you can get to it through the locker room. I believe that is how on the Breeze.

If you get the spa pass, watch out in the T-Pool. On the Breeze, someone swiped my robe while I was relaxing in the pool!

I've bought the spa pass once, and had a spa cabin once (Dream and Breeze). You'll get access to the T-pool, as well as the thermal suite, with different sauna and steam rooms, and heated loungers, etc.

Without the spa pass, there is a sauna that is available to anyone on the ship to use. Usually you can get to it through the locker room. I believe that is how on the Breeze.

If you get the spa pass, watch out in the T-Pool. On the Breeze, someone swiped my robe while I was relaxing in the pool!

Wow! We've been in there a lot with no problems.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Do only the dream class ships have this thassowhatever pool? I think I heard the newer ships like Vista did not have them. I wonder why they discontinued this type of spa thing? (Sorry for the life of me I can't remember what exactly it is called)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do only the dream class ships have this thassowhatever pool? I think I heard the newer ships like Vista did not have them. I wonder why they discontinued this type of spa thing? (Sorry for the life of me I can't remember what exactly it is called)

Yes only on The Dream Class ships , The Dream , Magic ,and The Breeze

We just got off of the Breeze today. We paid the $199 for the spa access. It was nice. The steam rooms were wonderful and the the pool was great. The water temperature seemed to fluctuate. Some days it was luke-warm and others it was between warm and hot. There were some days I would leave there and go straight up to the Serenity deck to get in the much warmer whirlpools located there. The spa experience was very relaxing.

Having said that, I do not feel it was worth the $199 we paid. The were multiple days we did not have time to use it. The hours are too short. I feel if you are paying the extra $199 for the service, it should be an area that is open until at least midnight, if not available 24 hrs a day,

It was great, but you have to weigh how much you will use it vs the additional cost for the package or room upgrade for a spa deck room. For us, it was not worth the additional cost.

I've sailed on the Magic twice, and the Breeze once, and I've had the spa pass each time. I have found that during the summer, the spa is quite busy. So, to answer your question they sell a limited number of passes, but no, they do not limit to a certain number allowed in at one time, that I have ever been aware of.

Certain times of day, many of the heated loungers occupied (there are only 8); however, I would just go to the steam room or sauna and wait it out. There is no way to reserve chairs or space in any of the public areas. I sit on the heated loungers only in my swimsuit, and it has never been too hot. Once I even fell asleep :)

I do enjoy the T-pool and have found it to be busy at times, as well. It's just a crap shoot. Sometimes it has 8 people in it, sometimes 2 or it's empty. I do wish the seating was different. I have never found a comfortable seating position on the bench. It slops downward and I am 5'5". I've never been able to sit on my bottom, as the water bubbles all around my neck and face. I have to sort of brace myself up, with my arms behind me. It's not very relaxing, but I love how the water feels.

I'll be purchasing a pass for my Cruise on the Breeze, in a few weeks! I do wish the hours were longer, as stated above. That would allow me to use it on port days.

I agree with rnb25. I also just got off the breeze yesterday and purchased the 199 thelosotherapy package. While it was relaxing going from one sauna to another and then lounging and relaxing in the heated loungers and then going to the thelosotherapy pool, while taking short cool showers in between each, I wish the area was opened later. It is open 8am to 10pm. I would have enjoyed going before bed and taking a steam or soak. I also thought I would go everyday, but I didn't. I went the three sea days. When at port I got too much sun and was really hot for the sun I got. I didn't want to go to a heated room while still trying to calm down. I wish carnival would add some type of cooling therapy for sunburned passengers or people who get a little too much sun. I don't think I would get it again because if you do the math, me and my wife went 3 times each 6 visits between us at a cost of 199 that's 33 dollars for about 45 minutes to an hour visit. I'm not sure it was entirely worth it. It was relaxing though when I went. I think its to each his own as to weather you will use and enjoy it. If I stayed on the ship port days I would think its worth it more, or if they were open later I would think the value is better. You also get to relax in the ships calm down room and drink the flavored water or get a hot tea. This is also relaxing.

Well we booked a spa balcony which includes spa pass as well as spa cabin in a more private area of the ship (close to serenity). So I look at the additional price as an accumulation of several perks. We don't expect to use the spa everyday however will enjoy the location of our spa balcony [emoji16]

I have been on the Breeze and Magic. And without a doubt I would not cruise again on a ship that does not have facilities equal to their Cloud 9 Spa.

I love it. On our Breeze cruise last August, I easily spent about 35 hours in the spa. I was there once the first day and 2-3 times every day after that. Yeah I love it.

When given a choice of Harry Chest contest, Trivia or Ice Carving vs Spa...Spa wins every time!

Well we booked a spa balcony which includes spa pass as well as spa cabin in a more private area of the ship (close to serenity). So I look at the additional price as an accumulation of several perks. We don't expect to use the spa everyday however will enjoy the location of our spa balcony [emoji16]

One perk to having the spa cabin is the direct access to the Serenity deck via the Cloud 9 elevator. That would have been nice. We had to go all the way to the main elevator, go up to 11 and then all the way forward to access the elevator to the Serenity Deck.