Carnival's Your Time Dining and How does it work?

I<3Cruising4u

Okay' date=' you answered my question. It's sort of like breakfast. Now how do I set up a time? I saw that people went to a desk on the SunShine long before dinner and set up there time they wanted to eat. By what you are saying, I can just give the room numbers and that's all I need...

[/quote']

Yep, just show up all at once and they'll accommodate you as best they can.

Is this correct? I'd like to eat early, because the 8:15 dining is just way too late. I might have a group of 8-10 people with me. We can all coordinate quiet well to meet for dinner, we've done it for breakfast.

Show up at 5:45 pm. That's actually 15 minutes before set-time Early Seating and they shouldn't be busy...after all, 5:45 is not that different from 6 pm set-time dining.

YTD tends to be busiest in the middle of the dining window and away from the standard seating times (6 pm and 8:15 pm). After all, if anyone likes those other times they could just choose set-time dining. :)

You mentioned you can get the same waiters. How do you do that?

Tell the folks at the host/hostess desk you'd like the same servers' team and they'll try their best to get you in the same section. That would increase the chances of having to wait, though, since each team has a limited area.

Of course, if your first night's serving team doesn't excel, you can always NOT ask for the same team and see what the next day brings.

I was on the Vista last month with a party of 13. We had YTD (waitlisted for early seating at booking but that did not pan out). When we received our S&S cards they actually had dinner at 5:45 printed on them with a table number. I asked the restaurant on the first night about this and they said just come anytime between 5:30-9 and we will be seated at the same table. There was a huge line on the first night but we never had to stand in it. Most nights we showed up at 6:00 but one night was 7 and our table was still there waiting for us.

This was my first time doing YTD so I had assumed if the party was large enough they would keep a table for you but this thread now makes me have no clue how I pulled this off :confused:

Yeah, it was. So if you wanted to go at 6:30 or 7, etc. you were pretty much guaranteed to be seated when you showed up. It doesn't sound like that will ever be a possibility anymore as I have seen nothing which says it's open to all but that Diamond and Platinum get preference.

That's just showing up late. It was never a perk.

https://www.carnival.com/BookedGuest/guestmanagement/mybenefits

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

9 times outta 10, at around 530-6:00pm, we are always handed a pager. Sometimes the wait is 5min sometimes it’s 15. We are fine with it though, as a bar and plenty of seating are usually nearby. Makes for some great conversation or inebriation. 

I think if you have a large group, and you show up in the middle of popular dining times, like say 7 pm, You are more likely to have a wait, because they have to find enough empty tables in the same area, to pull together to make a large enough seating for your group.  If you were just two or three people of course it’s easy to get you a quick seating because there are a lot of individual tables everywhere in the dining room that become available. But if you have a larger group you have to wait for a larger table, and during popular times this might mean quite a wait while people start, enjoy, and finish their leisurely three-course meals.