eDocs - conflicting information - 30 or 60 days?

samshltn

Like much of the information they give out, NCL are contradicting themselves:

The '?' button next to the online-check-in button says that it's 60 days. The video says that it's 30 days.

So, which is correct? And why can't NCL get their act together on anything?!

I've gotten them as early as 88 days out.

You get them when they get them ready. It's not like you need them. As long as you have something electronic showing you have booked a particular cruise they let you in the terminal, and from that point on you don't need anything expect your passport or DL & BC.

I usually receive an auto-generated e-mail from NCL whenever my eDocs are ready for downloading..... I believe it is around 60 days before a cruise, if I have completed my online check-in by that time. It might also be worth noticing that your eDocs will become unavailable 24 hours prior to sailing (at least that is what is listed on my cruise confirmations), and after that deadline you would have to check in "manually" at the port if you haven't done the online check-in at earlier.

Edited by TrumpyNor

... Why does it matter...

Because there are four criteria for issuing the eDocs:

Online Check-In is complete.

The booking is paid in full.

Air arrangements finalised.

Inside n days before sailing.

If we're inside 'n' days before sailing, and I can't get my eDocs, it makes me which of the other requirements I haven't satisfied!!

Because there are four criteria for issuing the eDocs:

Online Check-In is complete.

The booking is paid in full.

Air arrangements finalised.

Inside n days before sailing.

If we're inside 'n' days before sailing, and I can't get my eDocs, it makes me which of the other requirements I haven't satisfied!!

Two of those are completely within your control and verifiable and two of those are completely outside of your control and influence.

Just say "I like to have my eDocs because it makes me feel better...one step closer to my cruise!!!1!one!" -- that would be more reasonable than your list above.

Two of those are completely within your control....

That's exactly the problem. If think I've done everything that's 'completely within my control', and I don't get the expected result, it makes me whether I've done one of the things 'completely within my control' wrongly, or whether it's NCL that's dropped the ball!

(Spoiler Alert - if a ball get's dropped, it's usually NCL)

Obviously they have their act together on a lot of things...

Ok yes, fair point. There are a lot of things that they do really well. Their pricing is attractive. The crew are great. Latitudes is like crack to me. The fluctuating prices across differing markets and exchange rates means I can get play the system and get erroneously low fares. A lot of it is actually perfect from my point of view!

But their IT is a disaster. I've had show and dining reservations cancelled, and had to pay again to get them back again. The website sometimes quotes you in dollars and then charges you in pounds. My onboard account often tries to double charge me for things I've paid for months before the cruise. Earlier this week, one of my upcoming cruises got completely cancelled by accident and I had to jump through hoops to rebook it. Our contact at NCL told me that, internally, their IT is a running joke.

And in this day and age, IT is everything.

P.S. Right now, 'My NCL' is down on the UK site! ("UH-OH.

LOOKS LIKE OUR SITE NEEDED

TO TAKE A SHORT VACATION.

500 - Internal Server Error

Please check back to ncl.com momentarily or call

0333 2412319 to start planning the perfect vacation.

Norwegian Cruise Line")

Edited by samshltn
My NCL down