platinum versus haven

poona1

Fellow cruisers, what would be the difference between being offered all the amenities of the haven as opposed to those having platinum latitude benefits....at least i know the price for the haven will be significantly higher...but i am debating whether having a platinum benefit is really worth it?

Fellow cruisers, what would be the difference between being offered all the amenities of the haven as opposed to those having platinum latitude benefits....at least i know the price for the haven will be significantly higher...but i am debating whether having a platinum benefit is really worth it?

I am Platinum, have never cruised in Haven but still definitely think there is no comparison, that Haven perks are much better.

The two things do not cancel each other out. If you are Platinum, you get your Platinum benefits whether you sail in an inside cabin or a Haven Suite. If you are in a Haven Suite, you get all the Haven perks regardless of whether you are sailing for the first time with NCL or at the highest level of Latitude Rewards.

You say "but i am debating whether having a platinum benefit is really worth it?" Not sure I understand your question.

Haven't cruised with either, but agree, the two are nothing similar. They both get priority everything - boarding, tender, debarkation, etc... so think that's what your referring too.

But past that all platinum really gets is some free laundry, internet, and specialty dining meals.

Haven gets a suite room, butler service, haven restaurant, haven pool, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Imho, platinum is better than nothing, but not even close to Haven perks.

An example would be embarkation and disembarkation. Platinum gets you a shorter line to check in, and in all the ports we've sailed from, a top number for embarkation. However, you board AFTER Haven/suites and CAS. You also sit in the General boarding area. Haven/suite check in is whisked away to a small room or very short line where you are checked in and then brought to an area where the concierge or his/her staff (occasionally butlers too) accompany you aboard.

Disembarkation is similar. Platinum gets you top tags delivered to your room, but you still line up with the masses. Haven/suite meet at a specified area and the concierge accompanies you to the front of the line.

I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk