Booking specialty restaurants under SDP with multiple cabins

birtdeltasig

i am traveling with two other parties and will be making our dining reservations in a couple days. We all have the SDP but all booked our cruise individually. What is the best way to go about reserving a table for 7 at each restaurant? Am I able to make a reservation for everyone and use their reservation numbers? Do i have to call?

From what I've heard, you can make the reservation for everyone in the party under your booking. At the restaurant they will check to see who does and doesn't have sdp and charge accordingly, if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was booked in a cabin for 2 w the 4SDP promo. I was able to make reservations for 4 people for the 4 nights for free, just got settled up when we ate.

Just have 1 person make the reservations for the group and then can present your cards when you dine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can also call in. I've had luck with that, most reps are quite friendly and eager to help. Some restaurants may have an upcharge for the SDP, and they will charge you for that online. If you call in, they can often fix it so you do not have to prepay the up charge.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks for all replies. I will likely try to reserve online. If I run into trouble, I will call in.

From all replies, it sounds like I don't need to prepay for a reservation (whether part of SDP or not) and that I can make a reservation for any number of cruisers.

As long as the person making the reservation has SDP, you can make a reservation for up to 8 people online without being charged. The reservation system doesn't know or care who the 8 people are. Even if you were traveling as a solo, you could still reserve for 8 people, then meet new friends on the ship and take them with you.

My experience is that it is more difficult to make reservations either online or by calling when attempting to book for an odd number (7) of people versus an even number. Rarely have I ever seen an odd number (other than an occasional 3) in the drop down when you enter the number of people. The call center sees the exact same openings as you do online as they appear to be working from the exact same screen/info. Probably not the correct NCL answer, but I'd make the reservation for 8 people then adjust it as soon as possible when onboard. If Teppanaki is on your list, you will probably have to make two reservations for four due to the seating limitations.