Jewel to Alaska in June

alsgirl

Hi All,

Looking forward to my cruise this June on the jewel, for those of you who have done this I was just wondering if you had any days nice enough for the pool? We leave June 10th to Alaska, this will be my first time going to Alaska I hear its beautiful. Does anyone know if the Jewel is one of those ships that does the bidding for the upgrades? I have not seen an email from them nor has it been on my ncl log in page just wondering if anyone on that cruise received one yet? Any help will be great thanks

There was someone that posted on the "Other Site" that said they called and the Jewel was not doing them yet. Don't know if that is true or not, but I am also on the Jewel in June and have not gotten an email and believe me I have been watching.

Alaska pool day... On the Jewel...

ak-pool-day.jpg

This pic is making me LOL! Everyone in swimwear except the bundled up couple in the bottom left corner. I bet they are some of my fellow Floridians and my family will look just like that when everyone else thinks it's pool weather!

Hi All,

Looking forward to my cruise this June on the jewel, for those of you who have done this I was just wondering if you had any days nice enough for the pool? We leave June 10th to Alaska, this will be my first time going to Alaska I hear its beautiful.

Yes it is beautiful, just an FYI it has been a colder than normal spring here in the Pacific North West this year we have only hit 60 deg three times so far this year(Seattle area). That said you may have blue sunny days and you may have rain showers. The weather is hard to predict here.

I've sailed on the jewel the last 2 years and will be on her again on June 24th, both cruises ( June and Sept ) we used the pool and hot tubs, even in bad weather the hot tubs are nice in the evening after a long day.

We will be on the June 10th cruise with you. My husband, me and daughter and 2 grandsons. We are having a hard time knowing what to pack. I know my grandsons will be in the pool not matter what the temperature. Cannot wait! We have not heard anything yet on upgrades yet.

We sailed on the Jewel in June 2015 and August 2016 to Alaska. Both cruises had good pool days. The pool is "heated". The outside air is not. There is a fair amount of pool action during the day (not necessarily on Glacier afternoon). (We also sailed on the Jewel in April 2017 to Mexico).

We sailed in late June and had shorts & t-shirt weather in our ports. Bundled up for the glacier watching afternoon.

The Thermal Suite (extra charge) is a great place to watch Alaska. Situated high on the bow of the ship, it gives you a 180+ degree view of the Alaskan scenery.

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on the June 10th cruise with you. My husband, me and daughter and 2 grandsons. We are having a hard time knowing what to pack. I know my grandsons will be in the pool not matter what the temperature. Cannot wait! We have not heard anything yet on upgrades yet.

We'll also be there- just bringing layers, tshirt to parka. Hope to see ya soon:D