Soda Card: Can it be shared

tree99

Some threads, you just know where they're going by the title.

Why hasn't anyone 'jumped' on those suggesting bringing cases of coke onboard (or alcohol)? Just because my steward Stewart dosent mind (because he likes the tip) isn't that still wrong as well? If a bartender offers you a freebie (because he likes the tip) aren't the two of you stealing from RCCL?

BTW, I really don't care either way, I'm just 'stirring the pot' a little

Just curious...

How many of you run the yellow light, hoping it doesn't change red until you are past but it turns red anyway and you drive faster?

How many of you block an intersection when your light is green, but then it turns red and other cars cannot go anywhere until the next light turns green?

How many of you get a little extra change during a purchase and keep it rather than informing the cahsier?

How many of you over-estimate charitable contributions on your taxes?

How many of you have called in sick, even though you just wanted a beautiful day off?

Some choose to share a soda card, some choose to bring their own booze, some don't tip like they are supposed to.

It's all stealing and cheating. Many do it. Look at yourself before condemning others.

Just a thought.

Some threads, you just know where they're going by the title.

Why hasn't anyone 'jumped' on those suggesting bringing cases of coke onboard (or alcohol)? Just because my steward Stewart dosent mind (because he likes the tip) isn't that still wrong as well? If a bartender offers you a freebie (because he likes the tip) aren't the two of you stealing from RCCL?

BTW, I really don't care either way, I'm just 'stirring the pot' a little

This is not so black and white. It all depends on whether the person making the offer has the authority to do so. Many do have the authority to offer something extra to a passenger who is spending a lot of money. I have had on shore stores do the same. Unless you know that the person making the offer is going beyond his authority, you have every right to assume the person has that authority and to accept the gift.

Just curious...

How many of you run the yellow light, hoping it doesn't change red until you are past but it turns red anyway and you drive faster?

How many of you block an intersection when your light is green, but then it turns red and other cars cannot go anywhere until the next light turns green?

How many of you get a little extra change during a purchase and keep it rather than informing the cahsier?

How many of you over-estimate charitable contributions on your taxes?

How many of you have called in sick, even though you just wanted a beautiful day off?

Some choose to share a soda card, some choose to bring their own booze, some don't tip like they are supposed to.

It's all stealing and cheating. Many do it. Look at yourself before condemning others.

Just a thought.

I am guilty of some of the above. However, I don't get on a public forum and then claim it really is okay. Nor do I try and fool myself into rationalizing that it is okay.

I realize that soda cards are shared, as do the cruise lines. However, I have a problem with someone who does so then claims it is okay because:

1) I am a good person, I do it, thus it must be okay.

2) Everyone else does it, so why can't I?

3) The soda cards are over priced, so I am justified in stealing.

I can respect someone who says I do it, but I know it is wrong. I have no respect for someone who says it is really okay to do it because ...

can´t see how the revenue a company makes out of selling soda has anything to do with the fact if you can share a soda card
Many try to justify sharing the card (stealing) by claiming "the cruise line overcharges for the card, their profit margin is too high, so it's OK."

Just curious...

Not I.

Not I.

How many of you get a little extra change during a purchase and keep it rather than informing the cashier?
Not I.

How many of you overestimate charitable contributions on your taxes?
Not I.

Not I.

Some choose to share a soda card, some choose to bring their own booze, some don't tip as they are supposed to.

Just a thought.

Didn't your mother ever tell you that "two wrongs don't make a right"? Mine did. And I don't cheat. I also don't tell other people what to do. (well, I tell my students and my children what to do. That's my job: raising the next generation. And fortunately for ALL OF YOU OUT THERE, I do a DAMNED good job. Even when parents don't.)

J M(not in the least bit) H O. YMMV, unfortunately.

Carol

And I corrected your spelling and syntax FOR FREE.

What really gets me are the smokers with their out-of-control kids who insist and sharing the card.

Just kidding! But besides the soda card debate of late, posts about children and smokers seem to be attracting the greatest attention.

I can say this for CCers, if you post anything about children, the soda card, or smokers, you're guaranteed to have a 3+ page thread.

Do I hear 4 pages?

What really gets me are the smokers with their out-of-control kids who insist and sharing the card.:eek:

Just kidding! :D But besides the soda card debate of late, posts about children and smokers seem to be attracting the greatest attention.

I can say this for CCers, if you post anything about children, the soda card, or smokers, you're guaranteed to have a 3+ page thread.:rolleyes:

Do I hear 4 pages?:confused:

Great forum! I have been searching all references to the Soda Card, and am still not sure whether to purchase it for my DW who is a Diet Coke Addict and myself, as for the kids, juice is better than soda. Can an adult purchase one card and fill the family up or are there undercover soda agents on board?

Thanks agin for your responses!

VOS 12/3-12/10:)

You have been reported to the Undercover Soda Agency for the 12 / 3 Voyager of the Seas cruise........watch out.........they are armed........:D

What really gets me are the smokers with their out-of-control kids who insist and sharing the card.

Just kidding! But besides the soda card debate of late, posts about children and smokers seem to be attracting the greatest attention.

I can say this for CCers, if you post anything about children, the soda card, or smokers, you're guaranteed to have a 3+ page thread.

Do I hear 4 pages?

You had me going for a short while. i thought OMG they've turned it into a smoking debate. Then the little light in my head turned on and, poof! I smiled.

Thanks for the laugh. ring on page 5!

I used to work at a fast food restaurant in high school. Several of the sandwiches cost $2-$3 each, without the fries and drink. But it actually costs the restaurant so little to make. Because of that, I just started stealing them because it doesn't affect their bottom line since they make so much on them.

Of course since I'm the only one who does it, and since I only do it a couple of times per week, it won't make any difference.

Does this mean that if I start a thread about kids who smoke and share soda cards I can get a 9 page thread going? Can I reach double digets if I throw in something about kids that smoke, share soda cards and hog chairs?

Well, I tell you what. Our boarding day usually goes something like this:

Once we’re on, the DW will head up to the Windjammer and save us a nice big table. While she’s doing that, I swing by the pool and throw some towels on a row of chairs. Our son usually likes to go up to the top deck and shoot a few seagulls with the pellet gun we brought along. If he manages to bag one, he will give me a holler on the walkie-talkie. The daughter, she likes to go play on the elevators.

I’ll stop by and pick up the family soda card, then get an armload of sodas for everyone. Once I join the DW in the WJ, we round up the kids with the walkie-talkies and sit down for a nice lunch. After that, the kids will try to get a game of elevator tag going, and the DW & I will smoke a couple of packs of Marlboros.

By the way, we booked on the same cruise you are. Ain’t that great!??:eek:

By the way, we booked on the same cruise you are. Ain’t that great!??:eek:

Truth be told..... you sound like fun, and can be on my ship anytime!

Great plan you have, particularly the part where you never went back to the saved deck chairs;) . But it did sound like you were in port before sailing during all this... ditch the walkie talkies and use CELL PHONES. Everyone loves those cute ring tones! Be sure you speak up so the person on the other end can hear you!

Archived