Port of Seattle launches free airport luggage service

MVPinBoynton

I just got off the Celebrity Sostice and when I was on board I inquired about this service I was told this was reserved for guests in Suites. I'm sure not all cruise lines participating in this reserve it for only suite customers but Celebrity does,

I just got off the Celebrity Sostice and when I was on board I inquired about this service I was told this was reserved for guests in Suites. I'm sure not all cruise lines participating in this reserve it for only suite customers but Celebrity does,

I am quite disappointed that X would do this. We board the Solstice next week and hoped to use it when we got off.

I assume everyone got this form not just suites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this form. However, the port of Seattle just started a program and there is no charge. The port of Seattle picks up the fee. This may be a Celebrity program.

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Documents/PortValet_InterimBrochure_Final.pdf

Thanks for posting this form. However, the port of Seattle just started a program and there is no charge. The port of Seattle picks up the fee. This may be a Celebrity program.

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Documents/PortValet_InterimBrochure_Final.pdf

Re-read the form, it clearly states that the fees (for the program, not airline luggage fees) are paid by the Port of Seattle. The Port Valet program provided by the Port of Seattle does not include payment of airline baggage fees, so there is no difference between the 2 programs. I do note, however, that the Celebrity form does note some other flight time restrictions that do not appear on the flier provided by the port.

Tom

Re-read the form, it clearly states that the fees (for the program, not airline luggage fees) are paid by the Port of Seattle. The Port Valet program provided by the Port of Seattle does not include payment of airline baggage fees, so there is no difference between the 2 programs. I do note, however, that the Celebrity form does note some other flight time restrictions that do not appear on the flier provided by the port.

Tom

Tom, does your form mention anything about flight times; like the earliest or latest you can have an airline? Thanks

Tom

I contacted the Port of Seattle people and the lady I spoke with said that to the best of her knowledge, flight time restrictions are set by the individual cruise lines. That said, I would suspect that since this subject involves only cruises ending in Seattle and no other port anywhere else, calling any corporate headquarters or travel coordinator would not produce any information at all and that any such restrictions/limits on flight times would be set by the individual ships. If my assumptions are correct (admittedly a dangerous situation :D) the place to get the answer would be on the ship you would be on for your cruise. Thus the Passenger Services desk (or whatever your cruise line calls their help desk) would be the place to ask if you want the information early on your cruise. The appropriate information will almost surely be provided a couple of days before your disembarkation day when your normal disembarkation info is distributed. I'm sorry that I can't provide any more definitive answers than this.

In any event, I hope that your trip to and from Seattle for your cruise is a safe and easy one and your cruise itself is the best one you've had but not quite as your next cruise after that!

Tom

Thank you very much Tom for taking the time to find out answers. I appreciate it. If Princess uses the same paperwork as Celebrity I would not be able to participate because my flight leaves at 10:55PM. Oh well it was a nice gesture

Thank you very much Tom for taking the time to find out answers. I appreciate it. If Princess uses the same paperwork as Celebrity I would not be able to participate because my flight leaves at 10:55PM. Oh well it was a nice gesture

I don't believe it does. The only restriction I can remember hearing for Princess/Holland is that the flight couldn't take off before 11:00 or 11:30am (can't remember which) and must take off on the date of disembarkation (prior to midnight.) If that's the case, you'll be okay.

If possible, can you send me a copy of the form that you'll get on the ship that might list any flight restrictions, etc. that might be listed on that form so I'll have that info available to put out? My email for that would be pierlesscriusers at gmail.com (that's a new email address I just opened for Cruise Critic things. (Hope I can remember that account! :D

Have a great cruise!

I don't believe it does. The only restriction I can remember hearing for Princess/Holland is that the flight couldn't take off before 11:00 or 11:30am (can't remember which) and must take off on the date of disembarkation (prior to midnight.) If that's the case, you'll be okay.

If possible, can you send me a copy of the form that you'll get on the ship that might list any flight restrictions, etc. that might be listed on that form so I'll have that info available to put out? My email for that would be pierlesscriusers at gmail.com (that's a new email address I just opened for Cruise Critic things. (Hope I can remember that account! :D

Have a great cruise!

go back to page 11 post #107. They have a copy of Celebritys valet baggage. It states between 11-7. I am on Princess so they may have different rules about this

go back to page 11 post #107. They have a copy of Celebritys valet baggage. It states between 11-7. I am on Princess so they may have different rules about this

Yes, I've already got that information. I was asking you to send me a copy of what you get from Princess.

Tom

Tom I do not have a form from Princess. I was only going on what people have posted on this thread. When I sail on Princess in a few weeks I will post it from Emerald Princess

Tom I do not have a form from Princess. I was only going on what people have posted on this thread. When I sail on Princess in a few weeks I will post it from Emerald Princess

Okay, thanks. That's what I was asking for in my original message. --> "If possible, can you send me a copy of the form that you'll get on the ship..." I knew you wouldn't have anything yet, as they don't provide you with that info until a couple of days before you disembark

Tom

Okay, thanks. That's what I was asking for in my original message. --> "If possible, can you send me a copy of the form that you'll get on the ship..." I knew you wouldn't have anything yet, as they don't provide you with that info until a couple of days before you disembark

Tom

Once I get the form on the ship i will take a picture with my ipad and post here

• 2 weeks later...

Our flight is 11:30pm (got changed from 1045PM) and I emailed the port directly and they said we still qualify but to contact the Cruise Director for further information. I contacted NCL and they knew very little about the program, only that they are most likely participating.

We used the service last week on Ruby Princess :) The times are from 11:00 AM to 1:00 AM...

This is awesome news. This makes my day, my week and my cruise. Yea I qualify for the valet program

I am not in a suite, sailing Concierge, but I already booked a shuttle through Celebrity to get from pier to Sea-Tac in September...I'm hoping that will also "qualify" me (if X is only offering it to suite PAX) for this free baggage transfer service. Any cruisers not in a Solstice suite, who were offered this free service, please reply.