Question about applying Verizon smart RCCL rewards gift cards to RCCL cruises??????

Can the Verizon smart rewards gift cards you receive be applied to a RCCL cruise??? I know the Carnival gift cards can be applied to a Carnival cruise.

Thanks very much for your help and information!

Hope someone answers, I would like to use my Verizon rewards points. I wonder if you have to book a new cruise to use them.

I found the terms. Here is the summary from Verizon's page:

This certificate cannot be used on a previously booked cruise.

This certificate cannot be used for an onboard credit, excursions, etc.

This certificate will not be accepted if it's booked through a travel agent, agencies, or group bookings.

The full terms and conditions are:

1. Travel agents, agencies or any other travel intermediary service cannot be used in conjunction with this certificate.

2. To make reservations, call Royal Caribbean International at 866-504-3941.

3. Certificate must be applied to a new individual reservation. May not be applied to a group reservation.

4. This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit.

5. Deposit required at time of booking. Standard deposit and final payment policy applies.

6. Please reference that you are using the Deluxe Rewards' Certificate Agency ID 293706, when making your reservation.

7. All reservations are subject to availability. This certificate is valid for all ships, departures and stateroom categories.

8. Once a reservation has been made with a certificate, standard cancellation policies apply. This certificate will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.

9. Upon making reservation, certificate must be mailed to the address below.

EXPRESS MAIL:

Royal Caribbean International

Attn: Accounting Department

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, Florida 33132

The value of the certificate will be applied to cruise reservation once certificate has been received.

10. Gift Certificate is transferable when gifted.

11. Gift Certificate is not redeemable for cash.

12. Optional trip insurance is available and recommended.

13. Tax liability is the responsibility of the certificate user.

May try to book at that number using Verizon certificates for down-payment but then would not get RCI Visa points (although I would get them when I paid the cruise off). A bit off topic,, but has anyone had luck booking hotels with Verizon certificates.

Here's what I did -

I booked a reservation and only put down a deposit on my cruise. The cruise was booked on the RCCL website, not through a travel agency. Then I filled out the certificates and mailed them to the address on the back of the certificate. There is a place to write your reservation number. About 10 days later, my reservation was credited with the certificates.

However, once you do this, your reservation is now considered to be booked through a travel agency and is a giant pain in the neck to manage since there really is no travel agency to deal with. And when I would call RCCL about my reservation, I would be told I had to talk to my travel agent. Then I had to explain each time about the ridiculous process and that I really didn't have a travel agent. I'll never use the certificates again!

I don't think RCCL is the problem with these points. I think the rewards points are just pretty much worthless everywhere. I bought a $100 card for $90 (big savings) after we had paid for our cruise. When I received the card, it led me to believe it could only be used on new bookings. I called Royal and they asked me to send them copies of the paperwork. I noticed today that they have credited my account for $100. It did take several weeks (maybe more than a month), but they did let me use it. Even when booking with those points, they don't go very far toward your booking price. Explore the options, but I don't find them to be very valuable.

These cards are a huge pain in the neck. I booked a cruise using a $500 card (so, $50 total savings) and then had to spend an ungodly amount of time convincing the next Royal agent I spoke to that it wasn't a travel agent booking and that I had booked directly through Royal. Fortunately, once I had convinced her, she put a big note on my booking, and I've been able to access it directly ever since. I would not jump through these hoops again for a mere $50 savings.

I really want to try this but I'm so afraid of the previous posters experience! I put a deposit down already through RCCL website. I could purchase 20 certificates ($2000 worth) for $1800 paying off my cruise and a net savings of $200. BUT, what if they don't let me because technically it should be a "new booking". And then the "travel agent" issue. Ugh. But $200 is a significant savings....