Dawn w/ kids?

megann831

We did the Breakaway last year with our kids, they were 3 and 5. They had a blast, they're tall and adventurous, especially my older one, so they really go a lot out of the activities. I enjoyed it, but I didn't really care for the entertainment or the ports. The Dawn has a Bermuda cruise we'd love to do this summer but I'm wondering if the kids, and maybe us, will be bored without all of the bells and whistles we had on the Breakaway. They'll be 5 and 7 this summer so no longer in the same age group in the kids club, this may be an issue.

The Dawn is more of a classic cruise ship but just went through an extensive dry dock and looks pretty nice. With kids that age though, there is a nice kids pool area on the aft of the ship which would be nice for them.

In either case, Bermuda is a great trip.

My son has been on the Dawn at ages five and six, and he loved it both times. As mentioned above, there is a really nice kids pool area with a shallow pool, slides, and a (semi warm) hot tub, which is where my husband and I sat anytime we were there. (The very odd thing about the area is there are no adult chairs... lots of comments about that in reviews.)

We took our son to see the Elements show and the magician, and he really enjoyed both. He also enjoyed the sports court and arcade.

We have been on the Escape and the Dawn with our son when he was 6 and 7. He liked both the same. I guess it depends on what your kids are happy doing. Our son doesn't swim in the pools because we have a pool at home. Our son likes the kids club on any ship. I think our son would like to do the ropes course and such on some of the newer cruise ships but I believe there are height and weight restrictions for that.

It depends on the disposition of the children. IMHO kids for the most part, adapt to their environment and would find ways to have fun. The sea days went pretty quick on my dawn cruise. It helps that the ship is docked for a long time in Bermuda. We will be taking the kids on this cruise next year and I don't see any issues with them having a good time. They will spend a lot of time at the pool, at the sports deck, seeing elements, the magic show.

We sailed last week on The Dawn w/ our DS; age 11. This was his 5th cruise on a number of lines. He enjoyed Splash Academy very much. At the end of the week, all the kids and counselors did a circus skit on the stage of the theater. He was so excited to be on the big stage w/ lights, etc...As far as other activities, not much. The Dawn pool is lackluster compared to other ships we've been on. We saw RCL "Liberty of the Sea" in one port. One could not miss the large water park in her aft. We all thought, yeah...we're on the wrong ship!