Help Locate Camera Owner!

G85 SS

Sharing this post from a Private Group I am a part of on Social Media.

17884308_10210795865066717_5630518996882957521_n.jpg?oh=f71fd2f8c40773093c4672a6dac28bb1&oe=59800726

Short story, this photo was from Independence of the Seas 2 night Bahamas Sailing on April 29, 2016.

GoPro3 with attached Selfie Stick was located submerged in the waters off the coast of Coral Gables, Florida while snorkeling.

Please share! If the owner is found, Please PM me and I will get them in contact with who has the photographs and video. GoPro was apparently compromised from being under water for so long.

Also try posting on the Roll Call.

I looked through and did an advanced search of the roll calls for Independence and did not see one in there for that specific cruise. It is always possible I missed it though.

Thanks!

Also try posting on the Roll Call.

Interestingly it looks like that roll call might have been archived and is no longer on the board with any other 2016 IOS cruises. I can confirm Indy was in port that day Max's Mom got off that day and joined us on Oasis the next day.

Perhaps you can find a serial number and contact GoPro to see if it is registered, they can find the owner?

Good idea. I'll let the person who has the GoPro know this. Thanks!

Interestingly it looks like that roll call might have been archived and is no longer on the board with any other 2016 IOS cruises. I can confirm Indy was in port that day Max's Mom got off that day and joined us on Oasis the next day.

Maybe a Mod could help out with this?

Hi there!

All the IOS Roll call threads are still there - You may need to adjust you Default Thread Age Cut Off configuration.

Click on your User Name and then User Control Panel. Scroll down until you find "Default Thread Age Cut Off'. There is a drop down box where you can select different options.

I didn't see an April 29th 2 day sailing on the list of roll calls - maybe a different date or cruise length?

Hope this helps clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Hi there!

All the IOS Roll call threads are still there - You may need to adjust you Default Thread Age Cut Off configuration.

Click on your User Name and then User Control Panel. Scroll down until you find "Default Thread Age Cut Off'. There is a drop down box where you can select different options.

I didn't see an April 29th 2 day sailing on the list of roll calls - maybe a different date or cruise length?

I didn't think about that in the new forum!

Hi there!

From my memory of Max's mom telling me, she came back on 4/29, and Indy was going on its TA back to Europe on 5/1, so its possible nobody started a roll call for that cruise. Did anyone think that photo looked like Cruise Critic's Mpoole? ;) <Probably not? Mike? Maybe this photo isn't his wife ;)

Hi there!

Thanks for that information. I didn't even think to do that. However, I was getting results all the way back to 2015. Just not this specific cruise. Definitely good to know for future reference though!

Thanks again.

From my memory of Max's mom telling me, she came back on 4/29, and Indy was going on its TA back to Europe on 5/1, so its possible nobody started a roll call for that cruise. Did anyone think that photo looked like Cruise Critic's Mpoole? ;) <Probably not? Mike? Maybe this photo isn't his wife ;)

It went from Fort Lauderdale to Nassau then back to Fort Lauderdale was what I was told. That matches exactly what you have above. Just a "filler" trip until it was due to sail across the Atlantic. It sure would be nice if there were a way to search archived cruises... Maybe there is I just don't know about that?

Anyways, keep it going. Would be nice to get this stuff back to the rightful owners. Too often you hear about lost items being found by individuals who claim that item as their own. Not someone wanting to return it back to who it belongs to. Faith in humanity restored! :D

• 2 weeks later...
That's great! Any details on how they were found?

Yeah, they happened to be a part of the Social Media group where the original post came from. So through everybody sharing the original post, it happened to make it's way around to where the camera owner saw the post.

He lost the GoPro during a Kayaking adventure when his Kayak flipped. Here is his post:

"Wow! Noo way!!! Impossible, astonished beyond words.... I cant believe it. It sure is me and my girlfriend, i lost that go pro when my kayak flipped in a somewhat narrow passage in the mangroves out in chapman around oct. 2016. I even tried to free dive to find it but the current made it practically impossible not to mention the fact that I've personally seen crocs in that water gave me no choice but to give the ocean the win. Thank you very very much Denise Davis & family!!!!"