cancelation policy

boowaaccaa

I booked early Saver not realizing that the rules have changed since the last time I had to cancel -and there was no fee.

Of course now my hubby and I have decided to cancel and have found out there is a fee. BUT I read two different answers on the Carnival site. One said it was the whole deposit ($500) and one said it was a $50 fee, then the other $450 goes into a future cruise credit.

Can anyone clear the air? I have searched for the answer but can't find it. Thanks all!

The rules haven't changed for Early Saver. If you had booked under another fare like past guest and cancelled before final payment you would not have a fee.

There is a $50pp fee for Early Saver cancellations. The remaining $200pp ($400 total) held for a cruise in the next 2 years.

This is the policy: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3401

• Early Saver and Early Saver Last Call: The deposit is non-refundable at any time after the booking is made. All cancellations that occur prior to the final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in US dollars in the amount of the deposit less a $50 USD per person service fee. The future cruise credit must be used on a cruise within 24 months from the date of cancellation and can only be applied to your cruise fare. Any unused portion will be forfeited.

One thing that was not clear to me until somewhat recently is that the remainder of your deposit which is held as a future cruise credit can only be applied to the fare portion of a future cruise (as the copy-and-paste that shof515 included states). When that future cruise is booked, you still have to pay whatever the prevailing deposit rate is at that time.