Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

I have an old fashioned 10 klip 2 zone ticket from 2012, that still has 2 rides left on it. Will this still work? or perhaps there is no longer anywhere to cancel the old fashioned tickets?

No, they were phased out a couple of yers ago. In priciple you can get the money back, but it involves sending it to DSB via post, so it is not really a practical option for you.

Good Morning Danish Viking! I have two questions for you today.

How long would it take to get from the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers to the free walking tour that meets On the steps of the City Hall on Rådhuspladsen (city hall square)? We are trying to decide whether to take the 10:00 or 11:00 tour and that information would be decisive.

When we arrive in Copenhagen, we would like to buy either the Copenhagen Card or the metro card (forget the name). I think there is a place at the airport to purchase and we prefer to do that. Do you know the logistics of that? T

Thank you very much and have a great day!

Good Morning Danish Viking! I have two questions for you today.

How long would it take to get from the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers to the free walking tour that meets On the steps of the City Hall on Rådhuspladsen (city hall square)? We are trying to decide whether to take the 10:00 or 11:00 tour and that information would be decisive.

When we arrive in Copenhagen, we would like to buy either the Copenhagen Card or the metro card (forget the name). I think there is a place at the airport to purchase and we prefer to do that. Do you know the logistics of that? T

Thank you very much and have a great day!

It takes 18 minutes from Ørestad station to Rådhuspladsen.

Just take a train (not metro) towards Copenhagen from the track closest to the fields shopping center and walk from the central station.

You can buy the Copenhagen Card at the information desk at Terminal 3 just before the train station.

If you can´t buy the Citypass at the information desk then just go to DSB (danish state rail) counter on the other side of T3.

It takes 18 minutes from Ørestad station to Rådhuspladsen.

Just take a train (not metro) towards Copenhagen from the track closest to the fields shopping center and walk from the central station.

You can buy the Copenhagen Card at the information desk at Terminal 3 just before the train station.

If you can´t buy the Citypass at the information desk then just go to DSB (danish state rail) counter on the other side of T3.

That's excellent! Thank you so much!

Its located out in Hvidovre and its a nice quiet neighbourhood and its only 10 minutes away from the central station with S-train line A towards Hundige or Solrød Strand.

In the weekend, public holidays and late evening the direction is my home town Køge :)

Just don't take Line E to Køge as it doesn't stop at Åmarken.

Its located out in Hvidovre and its a nice quiet neighbourhood and its only 10 minutes away from the central station with S-train line A towards Hundige or Solrød Strand.

In the weekend, public holidays and late evening the direction is my home town Køge :)

Just don't take Line E to Køge as it doesn't stop at Åmarken.

Thank you so much. You're the best!!

We've booked it ... now only have to wait until next June to get there lol lots of time to plan our 4 days on Copenhagen pre cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To be honest I have never used them as I think they are way to expensive when you think about what you get for the money.

A city pass ticket and a little bit of planning on what busses to use could do the trick instead.

But look at the reviews on TripAdvisor, they should give an idea.

To be honest I have never used them as I think they are way to expensive when you think about what you get for the money.

A city pass ticket and a little bit of planning on what busses to use could do the trick instead.

But look at the reviews on TripAdvisor, they should give an idea.

Yes, TripAdvisor does not give them high marks which is why I sought your expertise. I will reconsider. Thanks again.

Danish Viking, Can you recommend which HOHO tour company is the best? Thank you.

We like using the HO-HO bus to give us a nice narrated overview that we can then go back to visit sites in more detail. We also had a Copenhagen Card for the discounts and for reaching out lying areas that were visited. This past June, we used Stromma in Copenhagen and also Stockholm as they have a good presence in both cities with multiple bus routes plus canal/harbor boats. For the other ports we did use public transport with day passes. If doing multiple ports, I believe Stromma does offer a free tour after three paid tours.

I am not sure if they sell city passes, I'm sorry id I have told otherwise..

I can now confirm that the Oceankaj pop-up tourist office does NOT sell day passes, only single tickets. I can also note that when our nearly 4000-passenger Regal Princess arrived, we happened to have a view over the bus stops. For most of the morning, the bus stop never had more than a busload of people waiting to leave. And the #25 doesn't start till 8:00.

We like using the HO-HO bus to give us a nice narrated overview that we can then go back to visit sites in more detail. We also had a Copenhagen Card for the discounts and for reaching out lying areas that were visited. This past June, we used Stromma in Copenhagen and also Stockholm as they have a good presence in both cities with multiple bus routes plus canal/harbor boats. For the other ports we did use public transport with day passes. If doing multiple ports, I believe Stromma does offer a free tour after three paid tours.

How many days did you have the Copenhagen card (and was it for your entire stay)? We just can't decide on that. Do you recall in which sites you used it and if you thought you got enough value from it? Thank you.

We are on the Sapphire Princess docking in Copenhagen on Tues 5th June 2016. Can anyone advise how to get from the port to the start of the Copenhagen Free Walking Tour please.

You have several options but I will post the "best" here.

Step one is the same take bus 25 or 27 from Oceankaj.

If you end up at Østerport you simply either take bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads, this one will get you directly to Rådhuspladsen (town hall square) but is also the longest trip.

Or you take any southbound S-train and get of at Vesterport, from here its a 5 minute walk to Rådhuspladsen.

Or if you get off at Nørreport (only bus 25) you either take a southbound S-train and get off at the next stop at Vesterport.

Or you catch bus 6A towards Rødovrehallen or 5C towards Lufthavnen or Sundbyvester Plads. Both busses stops at Rådhuspladsen.

How many days did you have the Copenhagen card (and was it for your entire stay)? We just can't decide on that. Do you recall in which sites you used it and if you thought you got enough value from it? Thank you.

When we did our cruise from Copenhagen this year, we arrived on a Wednesday afternoon from Norway. Then we had 3-1/2 days before boarding our ship that left at 22:00 hrs on Saturday. On our return, the ship actually overnited in Copenhagen which gave us another full day before disembarking.

The Stromma combination ticket was purchased online before we left on our trip. Upon arrival at Kastrup, we purchased the 72-Hour Copenhagen Card. That allowed us to use the DSB train and Line 26 bus to get to our hotel, Adina Hotel Apartments, in Amerika Plads near the Little Mermaid. Thursday we used a combination of the Copenhagen Card and the 48-hour Stromma Tour to do: three Stromma bus routes, Carlsberg Brewery, Tivoli Gardens, and the boat tour. Friday we ventured out by local bus and DSB train to Helsingor for Kronborg Slot, the Lokoltog via Gilleje to Hillerod for Fredericksborg Slot, and a sidetrip to Naerum before returning to Copenhagen on the S-Tog. Saturday we used the local bus and DSB train to the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, rode the Line 388 bus north to see all of the thatched roofs on the houses and additional sightseeing of Helsingor. Returned to our hotel and used the Copenhagen Card for the Line 27 bus to Oceantaj for the ship. On our return from the cruise for the additional day, we were familiar enough to just use the local bus paying as we traveled. We did consider doing "Round the Sound" or traveling out to Roskilde but decided to stay local on our last day. After all, we needed to leave some things to do on our next visit! :)

Copenhagen has a lot of character and is a pleasure to visit. If we were to do it over again, the only question would be the Stromma Bus portion. True you can visit most locations by local transport. But it gave us the commentary along with the reduced cost of the combination ticket for the boat tour. It also made it easy to use a combination of the local bus and tour bus to move freely. The Copenhagen Card is definitely a good value and is convenient to use.

Hello Danish Viking

We are flying (BritishAir) into CPH and would like to find a meeting place in the airport. Our son and family are flying Iceland Air and are scheduled to arrive 10 minutes ahead of us.

They have 3 children so we would like to meet and then take the train together into the city. We are staying close to the central train station.

If you know of a good meeting point at the airport I would appreciate any suggestions.

We will ultimately be a large family of 16 so I will probably be coming to this board often.

Thanks

Linda

Remember that you need to clear customs, something that the others has done in Reykjavik so that will take some more time.

But the easiest spot to find is after bagage claim in terminal 3 where there is a stair up to a Burger King on the first floor.

Or else inside the bagage claim area where there is a hotdog stand, also very easy to spot.

Remember that you need to clear customs, something that the others has done in Reykjavik so that will take some more time.

But the easiest spot to find is after bagage claim in terminal 3 where there is a stair up to a Burger King on the first floor.

Or else inside the bagage claim area where there is a hotdog stand, also very easy to spot.

Thank you so much. This is just the information I was looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Danish King,

Thanks for all your valuable info. I'm still learning to navigate CC. Quick question on Copenhagen Hotels. We'll be departing on a cruise from Copenhagen next May with a large group. Although optional, the selected hotels are: Bella Sky, Radisson Blu Scand, Scandic Hvidovre and Glostrup, SP34. Trying to determine which hotel is most convenient for walking to the local attractions, etc. or if I should select a different hotel on my own. Prefer convenience and cleanliness over mere cost. Also does $170 pp sound reasonable for 3-way group transportation (airport to hotel, hotel to cruise port and port to airport)? I think there's a major sports event in the city close til time of the scheduled cruise in mid-May.

Appreciate all your advice!

Danish Viking, we will be calling in to Copenhagen for one day on our Sapphire Princess cruise next year. We will probably just like to visit Nyhavn and, maybe, the city centre for a walk about. Will I need any Krone or will my credit card be accepted everywhere (particularly on public transport)?

Thanks

Hello Danish King,

Thanks for all your valuable info. I'm still learning to navigate CC. Quick question on Copenhagen Hotels. We'll be departing on a cruise from Copenhagen next May with a large group. Although optional, the selected hotels are: Bella Sky, Radisson Blu Scand, Scandic Hvidovre and Glostrup, SP34. Trying to determine which hotel is most convenient for walking to the local attractions, etc. or if I should select a different hotel on my own. Prefer convenience and cleanliness over mere cost. Also does $170 pp sound reasonable for 3-way group transportation (airport to hotel, hotel to cruise port and port to airport)? I think there's a major sports event in the city close til time of the scheduled cruise in mid-May.

Appreciate all your advice!

Yes the Icehockey world championship is ongoing from the 4th of May to the 20th of May in the Royal Arena.

Further on there is a huuuuuuuuge conference with 10.000 people from the 24th to 26th of May.

Scandic in Hvidovre and Glostrup is located around 10 kilometers from the downtown area so not in walking distance.

Bella Sky and Radisson Blu Scandinavia is located on Amager on the other side of the harbour but are both easily reached by Metro or bus.

The only hotel where you can walk to the different sites is therefore SP34.

Is the other Scandic hotels out of your pprice range, I think about the Scandic, Palace, Front or Copenhagen. All 3 hotes are in walking distance to all the tourist sites.

The price for transportation seems fair if its for a larger group.

Danish Viking, we will be calling in to Copenhagen for one day on our Sapphire Princess cruise next year. We will probably just like to visit Nyhavn and, maybe, the city centre for a walk about. Will I need any Krone or will my credit card be accepted everywhere (particularly on public transport)?

Thanks

You should be able to buy bus tickets at the town shop located near the bus stop at Oceankaj, in the bus you can only pay by cash.

Also toilets are cash only unless you use the one at the central station.