Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

How was your experience with them? How many people did you have and was it a price per bus or price per person fee? Do you recall how many the bus could hold? Thank you.

It was a mini-bus and could hold about 15 people. It cost 1,500 DKK for the bus. I was unable to send them the check and ended up using two taxi vans, instead.

We are looking into booking with airbnb since there are 6 of us and we're spending 4 nights in Copenhagen. This gives us a bit more flexibility with eating and also a washer/dryer so we can wash our clothes before the cruise. I was wondering if these 2 are a good area to be? Safe ?

e95ffb55b50354134cb0a5de130a2bcf.jpgdb898878359f01b9bdabd4057c6f2429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The one near Frederiksberg public pool is very safe but I don't know of construction of the Aksel Møllers Have metro station will create any noise issues.

It's the grey area just north of your circle.

The one in Brønshøj is also safe but if you take a evening walk just stay away from the ghetto area west of the lakes (gadelandet, Koppelvænget etc etc) and you will be fine.

Only problem as I see is that its a little bit outside of the downtown area and the nearest stations at Vanløse is a good walking distance away.

There is of course busses but then I need a street name to tell how to use the busses.

From what I can see bus 22 can get you to and from Vanløse metro and S-train station to the bus stop at Bjernedevej just visible on the map.

The one near Frederiksberg public pool is very safe but I don't know of construction of the Aksel Møllers Have metro station will create any noise issues.

It's the grey area just north of your circle.

The one in Brønshøj is also safe but if you take a evening walk just stay away from the ghetto area west of the lakes (gadelandet, Koppelvænget etc etc) and you will be fine.

Only problem as I see is that its a little bit outside of the downtown area and the nearest stations at Vanløse is a good walking distance away.

There is of course busses but then I need a street name to tell how to use the busses.

From what I can see bus 22 can get you to and from Vanløse metro and S-train station to the bus stop at Bjernedevej just visible on the map.

Thank you so much ... that's what I was thinking about being away from downtown. The one in Fredericksburg is the most expensive but seemed the most convenient for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Danish Viking,

I am another confused traveler to Copenhagen!

We will arrive in Copenhagen August 24th a.m., and cruise on the Seranade of the Seas on the 26th.

Is there a 24 hour all zones travel pass on the Bus, s-tog and metro, not the Copenhagen Card! If so can you buy it at the Airport?

Also we are staying at the Hotel Danmark and I am trying to figure out how to get to the Ocean Quay Terminal by bus or train with luggage! I would like to avoid a cab since there will be 4 cruise ships in that day and am afraid of wait time charges in the cab!

Bottom line, I am trying to figure the least expensive way to get to and from the hotel!

Thanks so much,

Dennis & Joy

It was a mini-bus and could hold about 15 people. It cost 1,500 DKK for the bus. I was unable to send them the check and ended up using two taxi vans, instead.

Thank you. How many people + luggage did the taxi vans hold and was it difficult to obtain them early in the morning?

Hi Danish Viking! We are wondering if you know of a good place for us to get a massage in Copenhagen. We find this helps get the kinks out and also helps our jet lag. Would be great if we were not wandering into a place this time. Also, is massage a common thing there? Thanks!

Hi Danish Viking,

I am another confused traveler to Copenhagen!

We will arrive in Copenhagen August 24th a.m., and cruise on the Seranade of the Seas on the 26th.

Is there a 24 hour all zones travel pass on the Bus, s-tog and metro, not the Copenhagen Card! If so can you buy it at the Airport?

Also we are staying at the Hotel Danmark and I am trying to figure out how to get to the Ocean Quay Terminal by bus or train with luggage! I would like to avoid a cab since there will be 4 cruise ships in that day and am afraid of wait time charges in the cab!

Bottom line, I am trying to figure the least expensive way to get to and from the hotel!

Thanks so much,

Dennis & Joy

Yes the City Pass only covers transportation so no need to but the more expensive Copenhagen Card.

You should be able to buy it at the ticket counter at Terminal 3 (very close to the trains) or on your mobile phone at Citypass.dk

For transportation you have 2 options.

Either you catch the 26 bus from the town hall square or nationalmuseet, stormbroen bus stop.

The walk is about the same.

Here you take the bus towards Færgeterminal, Søndre Frihavn or Færgeterminal, Indiakaj.

Get off at Østerport station (not the first stop at Folke Bernadottes Allè) from here you can catch bus bus 25 and 27 to Oceankaj.

Or you walk to the central station and take a train towards Østerport, Nivå or Helsingør and get off at Østerport.

From here you go to the pedestrian bridge at the end of the platform, you will then find the bus stop on your right hand.

Hi Danish Viking! We are wondering if you know of a good place for us to get a massage in Copenhagen. We find this helps get the kinks out and also helps our jet lag. Would be great if we were not wandering into a place this time. Also, is massage a common thing there? Thanks!

Massage is not my thing so I had to look it up. :)

Here in DGI Byen near the central station you can find these guys.

http://cityfyswellness.dk/koebenhavn/behandlinger1/massage1?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuZrd68bJ1QIVEsayCh3JGQqbEAAYBCAAEgL4dPD_BwE

Yes the City Pass only covers transportation so no need to but the more expensive Copenhagen Card.

You should be able to buy it at the ticket counter at Terminal 3 (very close to the trains) or on your mobile phone at Citypass.dk

For transportation you have 2 options.

Either you catch the 26 bus from the town hall square or nationalmuseet, stormbroen bus stop.

The walk is about the same.

Here you take the bus towards Færgeterminal, Søndre Frihavn or Færgeterminal, Indiakaj.

Get off at Østerport station (not the first stop at Folke Bernadottes Allè) from here you can catch bus bus 25 and 27 to Oceankaj.

Or you walk to the central station and take a train towards Østerport, Nivå or Helsingør and get off at Østerport.

From here you go to the pedestrian bridge at the end of the platform, you will then find the bus stop on your right hand.

Thank you for the information but I am still a little confused. I found this info and was hoping if you could confirm this is correct? Where we are at the Hotel Danmark, we are near the Norreport (Bus) Station.

Bus number 25 runs between Nørreport Station and Oceankajen with a stop at the Østerport Station, while bus number 27 only runs to Østerport Station.

Your Public Transport (DOT) has ensured that bus 25 runs from Oceankaj when we have cruise ships. This means that you now have the option to take either bus 25 or bus 27, if you arrive at Oceankaj.

Sorry for my confusion, I am looking at a small map and it looked close. According to Google it is 2Km or 15 minute walk??? Does that sound right? and if so, is that walkable?

Without luggage, yes.

But its not preferable to do it with luggage.

You can still do it with the train because Nørreport is located one stop before Østerport, but at Østerport you can choose between both 25 and 27 so you have more option.

Without luggage, yes.

But its not preferable to do it with luggage.

You can still do it with the train because Nørreport is located one stop before Østerport, but at Østerport you can choose between both 25 and 27 so you have more option.

That sounds like a plan!!!!

Thank you so much for your help!!😎👍

Dennis & Joy

If you stay out of the mentioned areas you should be fine.

The danish warning specifies that its only young men under 30 years old that should be aware because they can be mistaken for gang members.

Meaning that a 50-60 year old person won't be mistaken for a gang member.

But tourist doesn't have any business to do it these areas unless you have booked a air'nbn or something like that.

Btw the cruise terminal is at Nordhavn that is closer to Østerbro, not Nørrebro.

Nørreport station is located in the downtown area and is not in the mentioned areas.

And they should probably have specified that its Ydre Nørrebro (outer Nørrebro)

Hi Danish Viking,

We went to Copenhagen a couple of years ago and you were a tremendous help!

I'm so excited that we get to go back again; we loved it!

We decided to book the WakeUp near the Marriott.

My question is, do you think they will store our luggage for us on the day of departure so that we can sightsee before we have to leave?

I'm sure I'll have more questions when we are closer to going. Right now I'm just trying to take care of the hotel reservation.

Chris

I'm starting to think about booking flights for next summer. I see there is a direct flight to Toronto, but it departs at 10:05. I'm not sure if we could make that flight the morning we get off the ship. Any advice on how early we can book a flight? We may have to settle for a flight with connections or maybe consider staying in Copenhagen that night and leaving the next morning. We would rather not do that as we are staying in Copenhagen for 3 days before the cruise.