Will HAL Ever Add More Daily Activities a Day/or Night Entertainment??

doone

I am so glad that I am not in Seattle making these decisions about entertainment. It's hard to please us all. Personally, we don't miss Hal Cats around the pool. One day, we noticed that the guitarist had vanished. As we know, it's all about saving money.

Sandra

Instead of bitching and moaning and hoping that things will be "back to what I liked" on the cruise that they have booked, perhaps people here should take their own advice and vote with their feet and move on to a cruise line that CURRENTLY provides what they want. If nothing is suitable to their tastes and palate, maybe it's time to try something else. A handful of people from Cruise Critic is not going to change the course of action from Corporate. It's sad, but unfortunately I don't think Corporate is going to roll back all the changes they have made in the past few years.

I do say that idea of the digital DJ setup in a lounge could be a good idea. HAL would probably have to provide a person to assist the modern electronics-challenged with the intricacies of how to select a song. Then, I could envision fights over who chooses: "I'm a 5 Star Mariner and I want to hear Tommy Dorsey" vs "there are 40 of us and we want to hear Acoustic Alchemy." Someone or any people who monopolize the machine could cause issues...

Maybe if enough HAL CCers pool their retirement money, the Prisendam could be purchased, taken private, and then the "owners" could do the programming the way they want it for their own personal tastes. ;)

Slider Girl, you made me laugh. That was funny about 5 star wanting Tommy Dorsey. I think that I know the name. I am 5 star and would vote for the Rolling Stones and other rock.

Perhaps old rockers. who don't work much would come.

Sandra

Instead of bitching and moaning and hoping that things will be "back to what I liked" on the cruise that they have booked, perhaps people here should take their own advice and vote with their feet and move on to a cruise line that CURRENTLY provides what they want. If nothing is suitable to their tastes and palate, maybe it's time to try something else. A handful of people from Cruise Critic is not going to change the course of action from Corporate. It's sad, but unfortunately I don't think Corporate is going to roll back all the changes they have made in the past few years.

I do say that idea of the digital DJ setup in a lounge could be a good idea. HAL would probably have to provide a person to assist the modern electronics-challenged with the intricacies of how to select a song. Then, I could envision fights over who chooses: "I'm a 5 Star Mariner and I want to hear Tommy Dorsey" vs "there are 40 of us and we want to hear Acoustic Alchemy." Someone or any people who monopolize the machine could cause issues...

Maybe if enough HAL CCers pool their retirement money, the Prisendam could be purchased, taken private, and then the "owners" could do the programming the way they want it for their own personal tastes. ;)

Wouldn't it be more like current day Karaoke?? You get to pick 2 songs and then its someone elses turn?... Or even a money making venture where you PAY for the songs you pick! HMMMM.. maybe I should work for HAL! :cool:

Slider Girl, you made me laugh. That was funny about 5 star wanting Tommy Dorsey. I think that I know the name. I am 5 star and would vote for the Rolling Stones and other rock.

Perhaps old rockers. who don't work much would come.

Sandra

Usually, I see posts here where someone laments the old-time jazz/pop (Dorsey, Miller, Sinatra) has gone. I don't see too may posts about The Stones! I see posts where some are complaining about the BB King bands - too loud, wrong music...

The Stones - they ARE within that age demographic that HAL chases - maybe a Stones cruise, with Stones cover bands, if not the actual Stones. ;)

As for sharing the digital machine - I laughed at the idea to charge for picking a song. Brought back the old days at the diner; they had those machines on the tables where you flipped through the songs, put in your nickel (or dime or quarter), selected a song, and then the juke box in the diner played your selection for everyone! It is an old-days idea and it probably would work for HAL. Then, people could legitimately talk about being "nickeled and dimed"...