Soda/soft drink/pop brands

cherryharley

Sorry to hear that do not carry CFDC. I know Celebrity cruises have it.

There are so many different types of soda it's crazy. I would never count on being able to get a specific specialty type of soda. If I had to have soda I'd just bring my own. Cheaper. Easy to do. Guarantees getting what one wants and also not having the mix screwed up or the lines dirty when serving from the gun.

Not sure what you mean by soda snob, but I don't drink alcohol, and seldom drink coffee, so I can't see how my knowing if a soda gun is set up properly is any different than someone knowing where a wine came from or the year of its vintage.

No offense intended. Maybe I should have said "connoisseur". I can tell the difference too, but didn't think many people were that perceptive. Maybe it's because I am the only one in my extended family that complains when we have store brand drinks at our get-togethers instead of "real coke".

I don't think soda from cans tastes nearly as good as soda tasted when I was a kid and it only came in bottles. Man I loved soda from bottles. I also loved riding my bike down the alleys and picking up soda bottles. At 3¢ each I could pick up 3 of them and buy a full sized candy bar for a nickel with a penny left over for a jawbreaker. :D

Ahhhh.... the good ol' days.

• 9 months later...
The biggest problem with gun soda is that they never seem to get the mix right.

I'm surprised it's so hard. I can often tell what bar it came from.

I know. I can't stand that. I notice the same at Restaurants. Any place that has a bar has Coke/Pepsi that tastes watered down, while cheap breakfast joints, fast food places, etc have nice strong soda. Doesn't make sense. Is the equipment they use at bars garbage in comparison to the standard fountain setup the other places use or do they do it on purpose?

Most definitely bring your own. I'm a Dew drinker and there is no such beast onboard. No Dr. Pepper either. It's easy to just carry a 12 pack each in your carry-on luggage. Not a problem. I don't usually bring my Dew anymore though. I replace it by purchasing Bourbon or Scotch and it seems to work out well. :D

I can't imagine airport security being happy about a 12 pack of Surge in my carry on.

You had a bike and an alley to ride it down? Luxury! We had to crawl down the middle of a busy street finding bits of broken glass to glue together with our own spit, just so we could get one bottle to recycle. And we liked it!

Funny.