Princess in the News for wrong reasons.

Shogun

you really shouldn't be making assumptions like you just did. In my twenties and thirties i was very active in water sports. Because of these interests, i volunteered as part of a rescue team specializing in water rescues. What these teams trained for were life threatening situations, both for the victim and the rescuer. During my time with these teams we rescued over a dozen people, several of them children, and one woman who was six months pregnant. Risking a career is nothing compared to risking your life for another person. So, please don't make assumptions about what i do or don't know about the difference with this situation.

He did the right thing. Let's leave it at that.

+1.

You really shouldn't be making assumptions like you just did. In my twenties and thirties I was very active in water sports. Because of these interests, I volunteered as part of a rescue team specializing in water rescues. What these teams trained for were life threatening situations, both for the victim and the rescuer. During my time with these teams we rescued over a dozen people, several of them children, and one woman who was six months pregnant. Risking a career is nothing compared to risking your life for another person. So, please don't make assumptions about what I do or don't know about the difference with this situation.

He did the right thing. Let's leave it at that.

Oh please. You said that what he did was no different than what everyone else who whips out a phone and starts recording does. No assumptions on my part were needed. Don't try to change your words or their intent now.

If he had been 'caught' before he could report, the whistleblower may have risking a lot more than just his career -

It's very easy to pull down someone's fly (in case the body is recovered) and give them a push.

Oh please. You said that what he did was no different than what everyone else who whips out a phone and starts recording does. No assumptions on my part were needed. Don't try to change your words or their intent now.

Perhaps you are correct. :o

But before I concede to your superior knowledge on the topic of risk and how I interpret it, tell us, what have you ever risked that could have had serious repercussions? I am not talking about risking a new Starbucks coffee flavor or trying a different deodorant, but something significant. We need to know what experience you have to reassure us that you are indeed the voice of reason regarding the incident this thread is about. ;p

Perhaps you are correct.
Thank you for that. :o

But before I concede to your superior knowledge on the topic of risk and how I interpret it, tell us, what have you ever risked that could have had serious repercussions? I am not talking about risking a new Starbucks coffee flavor or trying a different deodorant, but something significant. We need to know what experience you have to reassure us that you are indeed the voice of reason regarding the incident this thread is about. ;p

Just because others (including you) have taken larger risks doesn't mean that Christopher Keays didn't take a huge one. This is not a tit for tat or a contest which you've tried to make it out to be. It is not about you and it's certainly not about me. It's about giving credit where it is due. And it's due to Christopher Keays, without belittling his effort by sarcastically suggesting a Hollywood movie is in the offing.

That's OK. Just send the ships over to the US market, we'll fill them up & keep Princess profitable.:D

You can stick to the river cruises.

Yeah, Carnival/Princess stock just hit another new high today with its Q1 earning beating financial forecast. Things are just humming along nicely and company future has never looked brighter. I am not worry of any fallout despite the outcry from Friends of the Earth supporters.

Edited by sfaaa