MDR menus from the Spirit (plus specialities)

KeithJenner

Out of curiosity, would this be about the same menu as the Epic would have when it comes to the Caribbean? Looks like an awful lot of choices.:D

I haven’t really kept up to date with all the menu changes lately. My understanding is that the whole fleet was moving towards these menus, and as the Epic has been in Europe it is fairly likely it is on the same menus as the Spirit.

I can’t say anything for sure though, I’m afraid.

Thanks for the menus. I'll be on the spirit next month. One question, what is the difference between The Garden restaurant and the Windows restaurant. On the NCL website it says the Garden restaurant has a 5 course menu vs a 3 course in the Windows. Any infor would be great.

The menus are the same. The difference is that the dress code is slightly stricter in Windows (basically, no shorts) and it is a different setting, probably a bit more upmarket but I don’t really notice these things.

I’ve never seen a 5 course menu on any NCL ship.

The menus are the same. The difference is that the dress code is slightly stricter in Windows (basically, no shorts) and it is a different setting, probably a bit more upmarket but I don’t really notice these things.

No shorts in Windows either...

Everything was the same on the menus. Windows was quite a bit larger of a MDR. They said that there was a dress code but I saw many in t-shirts and flip flops. I wasn’t looking for shorts but there were guys wearing them in Cagneys.

Definitely less of a wait time at windows.

Everything was the same on the menus. Windows was quite a bit larger of a MDR. They said that there was a dress code but I saw many in t-shirts and flip flops. I wasn’t looking for shorts but there were guys wearing them in Cagneys.

Definitely less of a wait time at windows.

Shorts are allowed in Cagneys, so you would see them there.

The dress code in the aft dining rooms is very random on NCL ships these days. On many ships the no shorts rule isn’t even stated, and where it is stated it is often not enforced.

They certainly have been enforcing it at Windows on the Spirit at times though. There was someone posting on here recently who was angry that they had been turned away from Windows with shorts on.

Of course that doesn’t mean that they have or will always enforce it, but it does happen.