This is a thread about tipping

jaxw17

speaking a british person, i don't generally comment on threads about tipping because i'm british and that's not what we do in our culture.

I understand that americans comment on all threads about tipping by default, regardless of the quality of them, and that's fine. But that's not how we do things in britain.

However, if i find a particularly good thread about tipping that i feel deserves special recognition, then i might make a comment or two on it out of the kindness of my own heart.

I just feel that a comment shouldn't be 'expected' from me - it should be reserved for the very best threads about tipping, where the members have made a special effort.

Sam.

lol

... if I find a particularly good thread about tipping that I feel deserves special recognition, then I might make a comment or two on it out of the kindness of my own heart.

British humor?

we generally save seats by the pool at 6 am so we can go back to our room and smoke on the balcony and then when heading back to our reserved chairs around noon we stop at guest services to have our DSC removed because we like to tip only those who serve us ( we really don't tip anyone, please keep this part secret) yea we tip much more then they would have gotten, we are very generous ( we are really not, please don't tell anyone). During all this we let our kids run wild down the hallway ( actually we join them) and sometimes we have to take a rest and sit on the steps while blocking everyone from going up and down.

I knew that was you on the Jade with me. No wonder I couldn't get up the stairs.:D:p:D

Thanks everyone for joining in the one about the photos creased me up. i think a good idea would be to get a couple of hideous ones and frame them hang them in your living room and tell visitors they are close family member and watch them try to disguise how they feel.

I am of course British and i will give you a tip "don't sit on broken glass"

That is some of the best entertainment on the ship. We actually loved doing that, the new folders make it more difficult - less are now are posted on boards to look at. We actually tried buying a particularly hilarious one, they would not sell it to us.

They'll sell anything on the last night.

Hehehehee! You are all so funny! My last cruise, my cousin and I got rather lit and ended up at the Garden Cafe at almost no more food time (10pm? idk) and a woman tried to shame me for taking the last 2 slices of pizza because her 5 y.o. wanted one. My cousin had a volcanic ice cream cone dripping all over her staring in shock. I took a slice off my plate with my BARE HANDS and slapped it on her empty one and said "Here ya go lady, enjoy!" Hope her kid didn't get the poops.

Hehehehee! You are all so funny! My last cruise, my cousin and I got rather lit and ended up at the Garden Cafe at almost no more food time (10pm? idk) and a woman tried to shame me for taking the last 2 slices of pizza because her 5 y.o. wanted one. My cousin had a volcanic ice cream cone dripping all over her staring in shock. I took a slice off my plate with my BARE HANDS and slapped it on her empty one and said "Here ya go lady, enjoy!" Hope her kid didn't get the poops.

[emoji23]

She probably started a thread on here about it [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app