Gratuities paid

djwingy

Not in the least. It is just highly unlikely you live in the same small town I live in. You started out living in the UK. I looked at your profile. Hardly stalking. You were talking about tips so I looked to see where you lived since this issue comes up a lot from UK people.

I quote: First time cruisers in our thirties travelling down from Bolton, Lancashire day before with our 3 and 6 year olds (god help us) We have 5 night dinner packaged book to the specialty restaurant's...

Then your age was off in your profile.

Now you say in live in my very own small town. Considering I have never come across anyone else on CC living here I find it odd that you moved all the way from the UK to my very own tiny town. Mine. The person who is challenging you being a troll on tipping. Let's face it. It was a rookie move to change your home town to mine just to be annoying. I find your juvenile actions, well, juvenile.

So, what brought you to Oak Park? The rolling hills, the great shopping, the skyscrapers, cheap housing, the theaters, the schools, easy access to public transportation. Many people move here for one of the above. Do tell? All the way from the UK with your two children to small town Oak Park USA.

Are you sure you aren't the 6 year old?

Perfect answer he certainly sounds dubious.

I am not looking to short change anyone. But I wonder about the attacks on the OP. This is a valid question. We are told it is a service charge/tips and that this is a huge part of what the crew gets paid. I dont think there is anything wrong with wondering what percentage goes to the crew or if any of it is kept by the cruise line for administrative expenses. The United Way passes on 91% of every dollar to its charities...but then those charities have administrative expenses, so on average 70% of the money collected actually reaches the people intended. This is not an insult to the United Way. But to illustrate that often not everything is as it seems.

The whistleblower theory is the one I put the most faith in, i hope that all of the money is going to the crew, but angry blind faith is not proof. To clarify, i am not suggesting this as an excuse not to pay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Edited by boufa

I am not looking to short change anyone. But I wonder about the attacks on the OP. This is a valid question. We are told it is a service charge/tips and that this is a huge part of what the crew gets paid. I dont think there is anything wrong with wondering what percentage goes to the crew or if any of it is kept by the cruise line for administrative expenses. The United Way passes on 91% of every dollar to its charities...but then those charities have administrative expenses, so on average 70% of the money collected actually reaches the people intended. This is not an insult to the United Way. But to illustrate that often not everything is as it seems.

The whistleblower theory is the one I put the most faith in, i hope that all of the money is going to the crew, but angry blind faith is not proof. To clarify, i am not suggesting this as an excuse not to pay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

It has been reported continually on these boards and by crew members that they get the tips through the auto tip. In all the examples of Oak Park listed above he chose the one I live in. Probably less then 10,000 people live here.