Escape - which balconies are not obstructed/have good view standing/sitting?

LSKC

So which floors or balcony categories are not great for the view: i.e.; an obstruction or you can't look down b/c of lifeboats, etc. I'm considering trying to find a BALCONY cabin with an adjacent or very close INSIDE cabin... I'd like it close like across a hall but doesn't need to be adjoining).

Any advice. I have the deck plan book in front of me but not much of an understanding of it all :)

Thx.

I don't think there are any obstructed balconies, but you may want one on a somewhat higher deck as those mid- to aft- on Deck 8 are the ones above the lifeboats on Deck 7. You may also want to avoid Deck 15 as some of those will have an overhang above that bothers some people (not me, I like that it offers some shade), or at least look carefully at the deck plans and outside photos of the ship to see which balconies may have things nearby that would interfere with your enjoyment.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked in a family balcony suite, 9774 B3. Does anyone know if this view is obstructed in any way? We are looking forward to seeing the pier runners in action and I'm curious if the lifeboats will block the view of the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked in a family balcony suite, 9774 B3. Does anyone know if this view is obstructed in any way? We are looking forward to seeing the pier runners in action and I'm curious if the lifeboats will block the view of the pier.

I'm pretty sure your cabin will look down upon the roof of Food Republic and not the water.

I'm pretty sure your cabin will look down upon the roof of Food Republic and not the water.

See the black glass thing sticking out? That's Food Republic on deck 8. Your cabin is the one in the dead center right above it on deck 9. You can watch people eat. The food there is terrific.

Untitled-1111_zpszgosmwsb.jpg

I appreciate the info. We are in 9774 and 9776, adjoining cabins. We got with travel agent and at this point there aren't any adjoining cabins left. My travel mates feel the obstructed downward view is less important than adjoining cabins so we will just have to go up top to watch the pier runners.

There are no obstructed views.

I apologize for the confusion but the above previous posts indicted that the view from the balcony looking directly down at the water would be obstructed by the restaurant overhang. Is this incorrect?

I apologize for the confusion but the above previous posts indicted that the view from the balcony looking directly down at the water would be obstructed by the restaurant overhang. Is this incorrect?

It is completely correct, and demonstrated by the photo. No cabins are listed as "obstructed view", since that refers specifically to the view straight out being blocked, which it isn't. It's the view downward to that water, which technically doesn't count as obstructed. I hope that makes sense.

It is completely correct, and demonstrated by the photo. No cabins are listed as "obstructed view", since that refers specifically to the view straight out being blocked, which it isn't. It's the view downward to that water, which technically doesn't count as obstructed. I hope that makes sense.

It does make sense. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm a fan of your posts, btw. Humorous and witty.

• 4 years later...

Realise this was a while ago but it is very clear to me now what balcony cabins have ‘obstructed’ views. I will now book a sailaway balcony despite the rote warning that some cabins may have fully obstructed views! Not worried about not being able to pick specific cabin.

thanks for the advice.