NCL Gem - First Time

bsb4273

We leave on the Gem on Saturday. We have sailed on the Breakaway a few times, but we are excited to sail on the Gem after hearing many positive reviews. Please share any inside information or tips, favorite moments, things not to be missed, etc. from your past experiences on the Gem.

Can this bar do a Bushwhacker, or do they only specialize in Mojitos ? Have to say this drink is number one on my cruise bucket list. :D

Want a quiet drink, head to the mohito bar in the entrance to moderno, used to be called Star bar, not sure if it still is. People forget it's there but we got it all to ourselves.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

When you board the ship, if you want lunch, do not head to buffet. Walk in go up stairs in Atrium and eat at O'Sheehans. Go see Leo play at Maltings. The Great Outdoors is a great place to have a morning coffee/tea and soak in the views. The Grand Pacific is really a nice place for lunch/breakfast/dinner.

Just got back off the Gem after her 4/18 sailing. If you are a sun worshipper, forget about getting a pool deck sunbed unless of course you are one of those chair hoggers who place their towels on the sunbeds at 6am when the chairs are laid out. What on earth gives these people the right to expect that by doing so the chair suddenly becomes theirs for the day?

Take clothes that are 2 sizes too big. The food was so good I put on 14 lbs.

Don't expect bar staff to be walking around offering bar service, they simply don't. It's nearly impossible to get that kind of service in any of the lounges or the garden cafe.

Don't believe the "we're the best ship in the fleet" hype. Who votes for that, the staff?

Embarkation was a dream. No problems with lines getting on and off the ship in port.

Orchid garden (Asian) restaurant and O'Sheas pub had the best comp food.

Don't expect top notch entertainment, it's all third rate.