Can you connect IPad to tv on Radiance?

I know that you can do this on the Allure to watch movies. Does anyone know if you can do this on Radiance? Thank you for any help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I guess that would be a "no"

The biggest problem that people report is the inability to select an alternate input. Some report success using a universal remote. Others have found that TV channel 3 selects the alternate HDMI input.

You can connect to the HDMI ports on the TVs on Radiance but the in room remote will not yet you select the HDMI input. I had to remove the data cable connected to the back of the TV and use my Samsung remote from home (the TVs on Radiance are Samsung) to allow me to select the HDMI input. Same thing when getting the TV to show shows on a USB stick. Had to plug the data cable back into the TV to get the in room remote to work again.

You can connect to the HDMI ports on the TVs on Radiance but the in room remote will not yet you select the HDMI input. I had to remove the data cable connected to the back of the TV and use my Samsung remote from home (the TVs on Radiance are Samsung) to allow me to select the HDMI input. Same thing when getting the TV to show shows on a USB stick. Had to plug the data cable back into the TV to get the in room remote to work again.

Are you saying that with the data cable connected, the TV will not respond to a different remote control?

The TV's on Allure and Oasis were also Samsung and I was able to change the inputs with the menu buttons on the TV frame. Plus, this last trip on Allure the TV remote would do it. I think it was the little button that looks like an old TV with rabbit ears sticking out that did it. I just found it by accident. I have never taken a universal remote. But DS did once and it worked.

I believe the answer to Bob's question is "no". I don't think the data cable has anything to do with the TV recognizing a remote. It's because there is no feed coming into the TV from the ship. The danger to pulling the data cable there is no two way communication between the TV and the ships source. So no interactive TV services at all. Seems I recall DS doing it once to hook up an XBox and it even took a while for the interactive services to come back on line.

It's never been that important to hook up another source to starting pulling out cables.

Edited by jamesr3939

I didn't think it would be necessary to remove the data cable either but on my cruise this March on Radiance trying to use my Samsung remote to change to the HMDI input on the TV wouldn't work on either TV in the 2 cabins I had until I had removed the cable. Wouldn't have thought to do this other than someone on another thread mentioning the same thing about TVs on Voyager.

Strangely the in room remote didn't seem to work unless I had the data cable plugged in. Seemed like very unusual behaviour for a remote and TV. To access interactive TV I just turned the TV off, plugged the data cable back in and turned the TV back on again. Interactive TV was back instantly. Don't know if I actually had to turn the TV off and on to make this work but it did so I just kept doing it.

Yes we do have the cable to hook up to the TV. We got it to use on the Allure, but we were just too busy to ever hook it up.

Okay, so we need the cable and universal remote it sounds like.

I think we will just have more time in the evening on this trip to watch movies. Smaller ship, not as much to do. We are not hang out in a bar type of people.

Many thanks to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Even though I was able to get the TV to switch inputs without a universal remote I wouldn't count on it so take the remote. Worse thing is you will have to look up the code for the model of the TV, but that's pretty easy if you have internet or the instructions that come with the remote.