On board spend

Fishgirl01

Do any of you clever people know if is better to use ships currency converter for on board charges or to have the conversion done by your own bank?

I register a card with no fee for currency conversion, I was advised this was the cheapest way..... and I agree that it is[emoji1] I also get a better conversion rate than the ship provides.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a somewhat related question. I am going on a Baltic cruise from Amsterdam to Stockholm. Is it correct to assume that onboard charges will be submitted by Celebrity as U.S.-based charges and not through a European bank? My credit cards are issued by U.S. banks and I want to make sure the onboard charges won't be treated as a foreign transaction. Thanks!

I have a somewhat related question. I am going on a Baltic cruise from Amsterdam to Stockholm. Is it correct to assume that onboard charges will be submitted by Celebrity as U.S.-based charges and not through a European bank? My credit cards are issued by U.S. banks and I want to make sure the onboard charges won't be treated as a foreign transaction. Thanks!

Yes.

Do any of you clever people know if is better to use ships currency converter for on board charges or to have the conversion done by your own bank?

Well, that leaves me out of this conversation. :'):')

The Post Office and Halifax Clarity are both cards that do not charge for foreign currency transactions. If you check out moneysaving expert.com it lists the best credit cards for use abroad.

Never let the cruise company convert your purchases in to pounds. That goes for purchases from anywhere abroad. It is always better for your card to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Post Office and Halifax Clarity are both cards that do not charge for foreign currency transactions. If you check out moneysaving expert.com it lists the best credit cards for use abroad.

Never let the cruise company convert your purchases in to pounds. That goes for purchases from anywhere abroad. It is always better for your card to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

[emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums