Drinks in the room vs. drink package

Is that $400 per person or for 2 people???

I cannot imagine spending $400 on drinks let alone $800!!

That's as much as some people pay for their cabins !

Each to their own but I think your husband is right!

$50 a day per person, it is very clear, it's only 6 or 7 drinks not including the wide variety of non alcoholic. Why people who do not drink make comments on why they are not buying Cheers, pretty obvious. If you drink, buy it, if you don't drink, don't. We had friends that were on the bubbly. we knew they would at least come out even. Their bar bill was $1100, $800 would have been a bargain

Why? If you have Cheers why would you buy a $100 bottle of Vodka?

For the convenience of having drinks in your cabin and not running to the bar.

For some I'm. sure the extra hundred means nothing.

So hubby wants bring our alotted amount of wine on board and purchase a bottle or 2 of Vodka and mixers to have in the room..... I hate the idea of having to go back to the room for refills, so I wanna just get the drink package... Mr. Frugal doesn't wanna spend the extra money on the package thoughts?

Not sure this is going to help you make your case but we bought a bottle with mixers and brought on our allotted wine. Our bar tab at the end of the cruise was $550. That was on the port intensive Southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan. I brought a flask to use to carry the rum with us. In the past I have gone back to the cabin to mix drinks and was able to do so faster than the servers could get us drinks.

You can bring your 2 bottle of wine and then in addition pre purchase a wine (cruisin the vineyards packg) package with additional 5 bottles of your choice (menu depending on the pkg level you choose) for a total of 7 bottles. You could get more than one wine package if wine is mostly your thing.

You can call room service and give them your order (you will get 5 bottle vouchers the first night at dinner in MDR) with your vouchers and they will bring the bottles back to your cabin. You can also order the bottles at dinner (all at once or a bottle with dinner each night if that is what you want). If we order in MDR we usually order a bottle when we order dessert and take it back to cabin after dinner to have later. We also buy some cruise cash for the bar (typically $200 - $250) to cover any other type of drink we may want from the bars.

We usually spend about $400 - $500 total on this method (our own bottles and wine pkg plus cruise cash for bar) and have more than enough to drink for the week, this works well for us as cheers would be a waste of money for our level of consumption.

So hubby wants bring our alotted amount of wine on board and purchase a bottle or 2 of Vodka and mixers to have in the room..... I hate the idea of having to go back to the room for refills, so I wanna just get the drink package... Mr. Frugal doesn't wanna spend the extra money on the package thoughts?

You are not alone in this! My hubby is completely against the Cheers package because he thinks spending $500+ for drinks its outrageous and insist we won't go over that amount. Normally we wouldn't but I want to relax and maybe let loose since we're away from our kids for 5 whole days celebrating our 10 year anniversary. We are still at an impulse, he says there's no way we'll spend it and if we go over our drink budget he will continue to purchase whatever drinks I want with his own cruise funds (yes, we have our own funds and joint funds for the cruise). <--this temps me to make sure I go all out on drinking!!;p;)