help with choice

a.madruga

cruising on Equinox, april 2018. Is it worth going to an Aqua 2 for $400 extra per cabin on an 8 day cruise?

We would for two reasons - we like Blu for breakfast and dinners, secondly, we enjoy the Persian Gardens regularly during a cruise.

The real question is: can you get an acceptable location for the cabin?

we took the deal, hopefully the cabin location will not be a concern. thanks for all the inputs. happy sailing to all

I think this is a great decision. If for some reason you like nothing else included in AQ, you will get extra captain's club points towards your status.

These are the things I like that are included:

Blu -- you feel as though you are at a specialty restaurant every night (but you can make arrangements to eat in the MDR if that is important to you)

Relaxation lounge -- a shared room for the spa guests under the bridge; what a fabulous place to spend during a sail away

Persian Gardens -- I love the heated tile chairs (my DH, not so much)

Rooms for 2 only on deck 11 -- while kids are not banned from being booked on this deck, the rooms only hold 2 so you are less likely to see kids on this deck (or in Blu for that matter)

Priority embarkation, tendering, disembarkation -- and on the last morning, you will be able to have breakfast in Blu instead of fighting the crowds in the MDR or buffet

Footstools on your balcony -- excellent for being able to nap in the lounge chairs on the balcony

Expanded room service menu, nice little gift bag of things like lip balm, facial spray, etc

Pillow menu!! Plus, nice fluffy robes and towels as well as a wonderful shower head.

I love AQ ... and $400 more for one of these cabins would be my limit and don't book one often because I usually cannot find one for that pricing. I hope you enjoy! My prediction is that you will.

I think this is a great decision. If for some reason you like nothing else included in AQ, you will get extra captain's club points towards your status.

These are the things I like that are included:

Blu -- you feel as though you are at a specialty restaurant every night (but you can make arrangements to eat in the MDR if that is important to you)

Relaxation lounge -- a shared room for the spa guests under the bridge; what a fabulous place to spend during a sail away

Persian Gardens -- I love the heated tile chairs (my DH, not so much)

Rooms for 2 only on deck 11 -- while kids are not banned from being booked on this deck, the rooms only hold 2 so you are less likely to see kids on this deck (or in Blu for that matter)

Priority embarkation, tendering, disembarkation -- and on the last morning, you will be able to have breakfast in Blu instead of fighting the crowds in the MDR or buffet

Footstools on your balcony -- excellent for being able to nap in the lounge chairs on the balcony

Expanded room service menu, nice little gift bag of things like lip balm, facial spray, etc

Pillow menu!! Plus, nice fluffy robes and towels as well as a wonderful shower head.

I love AQ ... and $400 more for one of these cabins would be my limit and don't book one often because I usually cannot find one for that pricing. I hope you enjoy! My prediction is that you will.

thanks for all the good points

We would for two reasons - we like Blu for breakfast and dinners, secondly, we enjoy the Persian Gardens regularly during a cruise.

The real question is: can you get an acceptable location for the cabin?

by the way, we like to do our own bookings....we found through the years that better deals were located by checking out on a regular basis and booking way in advance while checking our choices.