WI-FI packages presale just announced this morning

I was in both San Juan and St. Thomas last year with Verizon and in both islands 2 and 3 years ago with At&t. Everytime we used our phones with no charges just as if we were in the Continetal U.S. I always call family back at home in those ports, and we don't get international plans or anything on our devices. There was a group of us last year in San Juan and St. Thomas. Some had Verizon, some At&t, some Tmobile. All of us whipped out our phones in port to make calls back home.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It only lists the restaurants available on the ship and the times, not the menus (for any of the restaurants). It's something I hope they rectify.

I have Verizon and I remembered it worked at one point but not the other (it's been about 4 years since I've been to those islands so it may have changed. When I had Sprint, it worked at both islands. I've never had AT&T but if they are on the islands it should work fine as they are US Territories.

I wonder if they simply don't want to assign someone who would have to change it in the app since the MDR menu changes every night? It wouldn't take much to include the menu for the whole cruise since it's probably laid out ahead of time (I'm assuming). They could always add a little disclaimer about it being subject to slight changes if necessary. I think I'll email them as a suggestion.

I was in both San Juan and St. Thomas last year with Verizon and in both islands 2 and 3 years ago with At&t. Everytime we used our phones with no charges just as if we were in the Continetal U.S. I always call family back at home in those ports, and we don't get international plans or anything on our devices. There was a group of us last year in San Juan and St. Thomas. Some had Verizon, some At&t, some Tmobile. All of us whipped out our phones in port to make calls back home.

Thanks to both of you for the info. That's good news if it works. Not that I need to make calls, but it could be handy. I'm sure my mom would be surprised and happy to hear from her grandson. Well, maybe not so happy that he's on a tropical island when she's stuck at home. :p

• 2 weeks later...
Can I purchase 2 Social media packages - 1 for my husband and one for me? When I started to purchase, it assumed I wanted one for our booking #.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just found the answer. Yes, we can. And it automatically came up with both our names once I was SIGNED in... LOL! Didn't realize I wasn't.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure it's explained some where but what are the differences between the plans. I want texting on my phone (maybe to send/receive pictures I have an iPhone) Facebook and snap chat. Maybe emails

If you want emails you won't be able to use the Social package. You would have to go up a level, assume middle one. Social package allows you to use Facebook and Facebook Messenger to keep in touch but not email.

Carnival Social Package question. DH and I just need one social package to keep in touch with our business and son. If we both sign into the same Facebook account from each of our devices, this should work, correct? Or would we have to sign into the same account on the HUB app? Is there any reason this wouldn't work? I don't want to pay double if we can just share for the duration of the cruise.

You can share but only one device can be logged in at one time.

Hi. I see that the social Wi-Fi package price I purchased at $4.29/day has been reduced to $4/day. Does anyone know how I can get the difference refunded? Or do I have to cancel my 1st purchase and rebuy it at the new price?

Did you pay for it via credit card or did you use a Carnival gift card? If via CC, you can try calling Funshop and if that doesn't work, cancel it and purchase again. If via gift card, it may not be worth the hassle to get the refund. The gift card refund department is extremely slow

Hi. I see that the social Wi-Fi package price I purchased at $4.29/day has been reduced to $4/day. Does anyone know how I can get the difference refunded? Or do I have to cancel my 1st purchase and rebuy it at the new price?

Just call the funshops. They will issue a refund. I brought the packages right when this first started and they were charging tax. I called and had it refunded within a week or so.

what is the benefit of pre purchase? is it cheaper? they show as a daily rate

if you wait until the ship, and purchase on day two, do you save a days payment?

curious

Pre purchase you must pay for entire cruise. But if that's your plan, it's cheaper to pre purchase. If you purchase once you get on ship, you can get it for individual days (think it's $5 per day) or for the week at the higher rate. Be sure you download the HUB app before you get on ship. That can be used at no charge (has your funtimes and also your menus - you can add alerts for things you want to do). The HUB costs $5 for the entire cruise if you want to add the chat feature to chat with other cruisers. Otherwise no cost.

what is the benefit of pre purchase? is it cheaper? they show as a daily rate

if you wait until the ship, and purchase on day two, do you save a days payment?

curious

Cheaper to purchase in advance or one day one once onboard for the duration of the cruise. You can't buy it per day online.

Appears other ships are "onboard" with the prepay option. I am able to buy for my upcoming Glory cruise today. It had been giving me an error previously.

Same here.... came available for our Conquest cruise just recently and I didn't notice until today. :o

Appears other ships are "onboard" with the prepay option. I am able to buy for my upcoming Glory cruise today. It had been giving me an error previously.

They added those quick. I see it on both of my bookings for next Summer. :D
Yep, it's available for our Glory cruise next June. I didn't go all the way through the purchase, though. Not quite ready yet. I hope the Social plan stays at $4/day, but my guess is, it's an introductory price since they just got the pre-pay going again.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know the price of just one day of Social Internet? I just want to use it one day on the cruise. Pre-purchase seems to assume/require a purchase for every day of the cruise.

I really just want to know if I can purchase the Social option for one day of my cruise and bill it to my my on-board account. If this is possible, how much will one day cost me?

Does anyone know the price of just one day of Social Internet? I just want to use it one day on the cruise. Pre-purchase seems to assume/require a purchase for every day of the cruise.

I really just want to know if I can purchase the Social option for one day of my cruise and bill it to my my on-board account. If this is possible, how much will one day cost me?

On my last 2 cruises the Social Media Plan was not available for 24 hour purchase onboard either. It was all or nothing.

Yes, you can buy a single day when on board. Guessing around $7-8 for the day.

It used to be $5/day but wasn't offered on Glory or Conquest my past 2 cruises.

a79fb6c2a047938ea73f699f6c320224.jpg

Thank you so much. I was pretty sure I recalled the same thing. It seems that the only per dail option is the $16 value internet deal. This explains why I didn't get the Social option on my last 7 day cruise when all I really needed was to check-in with Southwest Airlines on the day before our flight. Social's mandatory 7 day rate would have been more expensive than value's daily rate for one day.