~~Car rentals at cruise terminal?~~

topaz123

Looking to rent a car in Orlando, drive to Cocoa Beach for few days, then depart on cruise. I noted some car rentals say something about a drop off at the cruise terminal? Anyone know of a specific car rental company where we can drop the car off directly at the cruise terminal. Don't want to have the problem of having to get transportation from the car rental drop off and the cruise terminal on cruise day.:halo:

I am just back from a cruise from Port Canveral, and I do not believe there are car rental companies within an easy walking distance to the ship. I did not see any, I really do not think there are any there. The one we used was only a mile or so away. It was easy to drop the car off and take the shuttle over to the port terminal. I think this is the only way you will be able to drop your rental with any company you use. Drop it to the off site location, and take their shuttle to the terminal. It was easy to do if that helps at all....

I believe Enterprise/Alamo/National is now the closest to the Royal Caribbean / Celebrity / Epic terminal (Terminal 1) now. It would be walking distance for us.

Yes, you can walk from Enterprise / Alamo / National to terminal 1 (only) but it depends on your comfort level and luggage. It is safe and flat and scenic actually to walk. But most will shuttle unless there are delays of some kind.

Rental-Car-Map.jpg

Enterprise-National-Alamo2.jpg

Thanks....great help!! I didn't want to get in the situation where I had to leave the car 10 miles from the port. Looks like Budget might be workable since they give me a nice discount. Any other thoughts appreciated.....tip of the hat to ya'll.

Looks like Budget offers the best deal. I am having a bit of a time determining what the location address for BUDGET in the above aerial view. There are several locations....for Port Canaveral, want to make sure I get the return location correct before the return. Do you have a physical address for the location that is close to cruise ship terminal for the shuttle?