Food in Dining Room on Carnival Miracle (or Carnival in general)

I've been watching YouTube videos of people's cruises and those that show the food in the dining room show that a lot of it seems to be seafood to choose from. This will be our first cruise, so I have no idea what to expect in the way of dining room food. Are there choices for those of us who really don't like seafood? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Teresa

I've been watching YouTube videos of people's cruises and those that show the food in the dining room show that a lot of it seems to be seafood to choose from. This will be our first cruise, so I have no idea what to expect in the way of dining room food. Are there choices for those of us who really don't like seafood? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Teresa

Over the years there has a big cut back in food,

There's definitely a lot of seafood to choose from, but they have other options, too! Pastas, Chicken dishes, Steaks, and Pork Chops, to name a few... Although usually the steak is at an extra cost.

Every night will usually have choices of seafood, chicken, beef, vegetarian. You can also order off the children's menu. There is a flat-iron steak on the menu just about every night and there is no extra charge. If you want the steak from the steak house there is an uncharge.

I know people have posted about cut-backs and not liking the American Table menus, but DH and I like Carnival's MDR food.

We sailed on Miracle in February, and the food was fine. It's not 5-star gourmet, but we were happy. We booked another cruise on her (a 14-day Journeys cruise thru the Panama Canal) while onboard, which should give you some indication that we weren't served meat scraps and gruel off the floor like some would have you believe. :rolleyes:

Also, we took a Royal Caribbean cruise in November, and the buffet food was plain awful. Carnival beats them hands-down in the food department.

They typically have one seafood (non fish), one fish, one fowl, one beef, one vegetarian, and then a few other choices. Plus the every day menu, which includes fish, steak, chicken and a flat iron steak. Those are available every night.

If you don't like the choices of the main food, ask for a main dish size of the appetizers. Or vice-versa. They will happily change things for you so that you will enjoy your food. Don't be afraid to send something back, or ask for something different if you don't like it....IMHO, cruises are for trying new foods!

When my middle daughter was 5, we took the family on a cruise. My daughters are all very well behaved, and actually enjoyed the dinner time (they had coloring books and things to occupy them, plus the staff tended to get us out of the DR fairly quickly). I LOVE escargot, but didn't want to order two....so I had my middle daughter "order" one for herself...She ate the entire thing and wanted more. She asked the waitress, and the waitress said, "you want more snails?" My daughter said, "SNAILS? I ATE SNAILS?" Yes. "Okay, I want more!" From then on, I just order what I want! HAHA And she has had SNAILS on every cruise she has been on (10). She is 19 now.

Don't be afraid to order what you want. One time I only wanted two entrees, another time I only ordered five appetizers. To make it a bit easier on the waitstaff, I let them know I didn't care in what order I ate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband is allergic to shellfish and my son just flat out dislikes seafood. They both came out of the MDR stuffed each night on our cruise and my son said the food is one of the things he's looking most forward to on the next one. :)