Tell me about the Pride gym please!

nicoleds

We sail in 10 days! :D My husband wants to know what kind of equipment is in the gym, are there weights and barbells or is it just machines and treadmills?

He's a CrossFit 5 times a week kind of guy :D He loved the Sky Fitness and track on the Breeze, does Pride have that?

Thanks! :)

I just saw weight machines, bikes and treadmills. There might be some hand weights but I was not looking for them. The one problem I had was it was really hot and humid in the gym. I think because of the hot tub. It made working out really uncomfortable.

Sailed the Pride back in December and used the gym a couple times. It's not a small space, but not large either. There is no barbells or squat racks. There is a good amount of treadmills, ellipticals, and bikes. There is a bunch of resistance based machine, a good amount of dumbbells, and a couple benches.

Spacing and equipment wise, any gym on a cruise ship doesn't really work for a traditional cross fit workout. However cruise ship gyms beat chain hotel gyms any day, so there is more than enough for him to get his fix.

Have him down load a bunch of body weight WODs or WODs that use dumbbells instead of bars. Or substitute dumbbells for bars (work for just about everything). Track or treads for running will be his choice. Not sure if the Pride has a C2 rower. I know the Vista switched over to Lifefitness water rowers which are a piece of crap, IMO. And some of the older ships even after drydock still have Schwimm belt rowers. But he can set any of these up and do tabatas. Monitors may not read cortrectly, but just do the work.

It's a mutli tiered set up with lots of treadmills, bikes. Dumbbells , muscle isolation machines, a set up for pull ups. Very good gym if you want to maintain on your cruise.