Just a few questions.

carol515

We are on the Noordam on May 21st. I have a few questions since we never sailed on Holland before.

1. Is it still ok to bring pop on your carry on?

2. Is it ok to bring small amounts of snacks on board in you carry on or checked in ? ( such as chips, beef jerky)

3. What is the best time to go down to port to go through customs and get on board

4 how soon does it take for to be able to get into your room and how soon does your luggage arrive?

Thanks for any help.

You can bring pop, waters, snacks etc in your carry on. The last time we cruised with HAL we got to port around 11am and got on the ship around 11:30 and our room was ready. The luggage arrived later on, after the muster drill was completed. I'm not sure if things usually run that smoothly but that was my experience.

We are on the Noordam on May 21st. I have a few questions since we never sailed on Holland before.

1. Is it still ok to bring pop on your carry on?

2. Is it ok to bring small amounts of snacks on board in you carry on or checked in ? ( such as chips, beef jerky)

3. What is the best time to go down to port to go through customs and get on board

4 how soon does it take for to be able to get into your room and how soon does your luggage arrive?

Thanks for any help.

We usually get to the port about 11:00 am even though HAL recommends 1;00 pm. Also, you don't go through customs to get onboard, just a quick security check and scan of your carry-ons. Customs clearance happens after the cruise is over.

HAL doesn't care if you bring food items onto the ship, but they have a big problem if you try to take food off. Most countries you visit, including the return to the US prohibit any food, fruits, plants, etc. We were allowed to bring in some spices back that we purchased in Turkey and Greece. I think HAL only cares about alcoholic beverages being brought onboard. Wine is OK, but beer and liquor is a no-no. Soda is OK, but who wants to lug around a couple of cases of soda ? You spent a couple thousand for the cruise, so buy a soda card and save yourself a lot of work.

When you are allowed onboard, your cabin us usually ready. Your luggage will show up at your cabin door any time between boarding and departure. Usually before the muster drill, but not always.

I don't plan on cases of soda just a few bottles. I like my root beer. We have the beverage package. Just want a few in the room so I don't have to run to the bar all the time. Not planning on a lot of snacks either. That would be great if we can get to our room right always, we always had to wait to get to our room on other ships. Not sure what time we will get to port. I. So ready to get away just need to get though the rest of the school year.

I don't plan on cases of soda just a few bottles. I like my root beer. We have the beverage package. Just want a few in the room so I don't have to run to the bar all the time. Not planning on a lot of snacks either. That would be great if we can get to our room right always, we always had to wait to get to our room on other ships. Not sure what time we will get to port. I. So ready to get away just need to get though the rest of the school year.

We usually cruise with the signature beverage package (SBP), either purchased, or through Explore-4. Sodas by the can are included, and they do have root beer on the ships we have been on. (no guarantees) We usually stop at a bar on the way back to the cabin at night and pickup a few 1 liter bottles of water and a few cans of ginger ale. We stuff them into the fridge and take the water on our next day shore excursion. The SBP covers just about anything you can drink, under the current menu price of $9.

It's easy to slap a luggage tag on a 12 pack of Coca-Cola. So far, has always made it to the cabin.

It's nice to have a bag of Doritos to munch on while sitting around the pool!

The earlier you get to the port will earn you a lower boarding group number. They usually start collecting luggage around 10:00 AM after which you can go through Security and relax in the waiting area.

Right across the street in the basement of the Fairmont Hotel is an underground mall with lots of shops for things that you might have forgotten . You can even eat breakfast in the mall (Subway, Starbucks, Greek, etc.). Boarding starts promptly at 11:30 AM for handicapped passengers with their families, suite guests, and then boarding groups.