Catamaran and Beach Party

erikalynnette

I think this is hosted by Fury Catamaran and goes to their beach after snorkeling.

I've never used them, but Fury has had good reviews from cruisers in the past. They sail out of a pier between the International Pier and Puerta Maya, but I don't know where their beach facility is.

NCL typically docks at the downtown pier, Punta Langosta, so you might have to take transportation to their dock. But that would be included in your excursion price and details.

I have a video.... we did it thru Carnival last August. It is the Fury private beach, really nice.

It was a lot of fun. Only criticism I have is that only burgers were offered for sale at the beach. Would have been nice to have more local food option.

We are pretty excited for this! We were originally going to do the mystery river experience, but decided this would be more budget friendly. Now we are thinking this is going to be one of our best excursions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I took the Fury catamaran and beach excursion through Royal Caribbean on my cruise last October. I was less than impressed by the snorkeling offered. The area they stop in has a very strong current, and the guides in the water try to keep everyone bunched together. I found that I was being pushed and hit with fins by other snorkelers who were bunched up, and didn't think the amount of fish to see was that spectacular. The strong current made getting back in the catamaran (up a set of drop down stairs) difficult. The ride on the catamaran was great fun (unlimited cerveza and margaritas) and the beach was a nice stop. On the way back to the pier there was lots of dancing on the catamaran.

I took the Fury catamaran and beach excursion through Royal Caribbean on my cruise last October. I was less than impressed by the snorkeling offered. The area they stop in has a very strong current, and the guides in the water try to keep everyone bunched together. I found that I was being pushed and hit with fins by other snorkelers who were bunched up, and didn't think the amount of fish to see was that spectacular. The strong current made getting back in the catamaran (up a set of drop down stairs) difficult. The ride on the catamaran was great fun (unlimited cerveza and margaritas) and the beach was a nice stop. On the way back to the pier there was lots of dancing on the catamaran.

Mahini....current in Cozumel varies day to day. It can be non-existent one minute, and strong another. It has nothing to do with the snorkeling site itself. Unfortunately, Cozumel is not a snorkeling destination as the reef system is deeper than you can snorkel in most cases, and farther off shore.