why is guest services line so long?

jdemps

To be fair, there clearly was misinformation.

To be even more fair, everything quoted by the poster is based on hearsay. Hearsay as to what the agent told the people, hearsay based on what the people told the poster, even hearsay as to what the poster posted here (sorry, not implying anything with the poster who posted the info but not everyone is truthful). Too much hearsay to accurately state there was actual misinformation given. On top of that, the folks at GS would have given them the correct information prior to completing the removal so the folks knew exactly what they were doing. It was no oopsie.

Really? GS will question you when you ask to remove the tips? They don't just remove them?

Absolutely! They will do everything they can to rectify the supposed situation so that you won't remove the tips. Granted, you can poo poo them and tell them you want them removed anyway but they always try to salvage the situation. That's pretty much standard operating procedure anywhere. Even Walmart asks why you want a refund. :rolleyes:

Too much hearsay to accurately state there was actual misinformation given. ... It was no oopsie.
Are you saying that what others say is hearsay but what you say isn't?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Are you saying that what others say is hearsay but what you say isn't?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I can't speak for this particular instance but I have witnessed first hand people pulling tips while I was standing in line waiting to be served. If you want to believe 4th party info was accurately portrayed, that's fine, but you truly have no idea if there was misinformation to being with where you tried to claim there in fact, was.

You may also believe or not believe me as well if you wish. If you don't wish to believe me, feel free to sit near the GS desk the last evening and verify it yourself. It's rather good entertainment.

You missed the point. Sigh.

No, i fully understand the point and thought I had covered it well. You seemed to have missed MY point that you attempted to state something as if it were a fact when you have no idea if it was a fact.

I have only been a few times - to get a printed copy of my account (no kiosks), to return a library item when the library was closed and to have a charge removed from my daughter's account. She was 12 and they had charged 3 alcoholic drinks to her number from the theatre during a show.

I also have had FTTF and received the dirty looks from those in the long line and a comment from a "platinum" behind me when they saw my card wasn't the right color. They weren't happy with the answer.

I have only been a few times - to get a printed copy of my account (no kiosks), to return a library item when the library was closed and to have a charge removed from my daughter's account. She was 12 and they had charged 3 alcoholic drinks to her number from the theatre during a show.

I also have had FTTF and received the dirty looks from those in the long line and a comment from a "platinum" behind me when they saw my card wasn't the right color. They weren't happy with the answer.

Yes, when they started the FTTF program, many of us who had reached Platinum were not happy they had added it. It diluted our benefit, or so we thought. I was upset until I realized there isn't much difference in the lines due to FTTF, and Carnival is limiting it based on Diamond/Platinum numbers on board. Now I just look at it as another way for Carnival to make money and keep fares inexpensive. Those who value FTTF will pay for it and enjoy it, and everyone can be happy!

If I got any dirty looks, I didn't notice, but that's only because I didn't care.

I travel with friends who have adjoining cabins so we go to GS first thing so we can get our balcony and connecting doors opened. If you dont go early they wont open balconies because they have a limit on how many they open. Told us it was a safety issue. I also locked myself out of my room once and had to get a spare key card. Mostly though, it seems like GS is where people go to complain, like the ladies i over heard who were bitching that their interior cabin didnt have a balcony. I felt so bad for the guy helping them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had FTTF and was only person in the priority line and people in the regular line was telling me I need to get to the back of the line cause they was their first. I pointed up at the sign and they got mad. Specially when the lady finished with the guest she was help and moved over and helped me with what I needed.

Whoa, that happened to us too. FTTF is worth it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

HAHA......I had a Plat say that to me once (he saw my gold card while standing in the Plat line). I moved my thumb so he could also see the FTTF sticker. You get those kind of folks in both lines. ;p

Wow. He had to have a tight face after seeing that!!!

Whoa, that happened to us too. FTTF is worth it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

We got FTTF and will continue to get it when we can because its a 7 hr drive to the port we choose so we stay the night in a hotel before we board so we are ready to get on the ship and enjoy it. And want to get off ASAP so we can get on the road for the 7 hr drive back home.

The guest service like is not a big deal. Unless there is a real problem like needing a key or have a issue. As far as the bill or any other BS it can wait till there is not a line.

Really? GS will question you when you ask to remove the tips? They don't just remove them?

No, when we reduced the tip for our attendant, I provided no reason and they requested none. They did produce a paper on request that showed the gratuity breakout so that the math could be correct. When the adjusted amounts were presented they then simply made the changes.