why is guest services line so long?

jdemps

Nope, his statement that he'd only come in the morning despite both being an option on the card led me to cut his "tip" in half.

We haven't removed tips before...but I would have to agree with you on this one! If they are only doing half their job, they should get half their tip, unless you agreed to only being serviced once a day.

If it's a lousy sea day I will grab a drink or two and head down to Guest Services. I don't stand in line, I find a chair nearby so I can sit and enjoy the spectacle.

"The towel animal was too scary!"

"There was no towel animal last night!"

“My cabin doesn’t have a window!” ‘Yes Ma’am you are in an inside cabin.’

“I can’t see outside my porthole, I want a refund!”

Best damn entertainment on any cruise ship! :D

I am definitely going to have to try this! This is hilarious!

lol, between that and if we need something and go to the diamond plat station and some guy saying "hey buddy the line is over here".

Sent from my iPhone

Yes, and the wonderful dirty looks they give you is awesome! Our first Platinum cruise we were traveling with 15 family members....My brother was apparently in the long line when I walked up to the Platinum desk (there was no FTTF back then), and the person in line in front of him said, "I don't know about you, but that makes me really angry!" My brother said, "me, too....and it is my SISTER!"

I guess they don't realize we have waited in those same long lines on many a trip prior. We have all "paid the price." We worked HARD to get to Platinum....HAHA.. Yes, so hard to take a cruise! LOL.

on our first cruise, a 7-day, we were there several times just to ask dumb newbie questions, see about our account, add money, etc... We also went there for priority tenders. We also went to get a free pack of Carnival branded playing cards (we will do that every time now). We had FTTF for that cruise and almost every time we walked right up and handled our transaction and left while the regular line was long and complainy.

Our second cruise was a 3 day with no tender ports so we didn't get FTTF that time and only went to GS once to get our decks of cards. Went at an off-peak time so no line.

Our next is an 8-day and we got FTTF for it because I want to try and get on board much earlier than we did the other 2 times. I feel like I'm missing out on part of my cruise when I get on and almost immediately have to go to muster drill. I wanna find booze and food first this time! lol

You have to get priority tender slips or tickets from guest services? We will have a tender port and I didn't know this! what a pain! Why can't they just put them in your room if you have a suite or FTTF?

I am definitely going to have to try this! This is hilarious!

I have said for years people watching on a cruise ship is one of the most fun things to do.

People say and do things that just make me say DAH a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Baby crib was not in room and we could not reach GS by phone and could not reach our room attendant by phone, so had to go to line. On various occasions I have had cards stop working and required a replacement.

lol, between that and if we need something and go to the diamond plat station and some guy saying "hey buddy the line is over here".

Sent from my iPhone

HAHA......I had a Plat say that to me once (he saw my gold card while standing in the Plat line). I moved my thumb so he could also see the FTTF sticker. You get those kind of folks in both lines. ;p

Edited by Computer Nerd

I had FTTF and was only person in the priority line and people in the regular line was telling me I need to get to the back of the line cause they was their first. I pointed up at the sign and they got mad. Specially when the lady finished with the guest she was help and moved over and helped me with what I needed.

Maybe we should start carrying a box of tissues for those folks. :D

Ironic that a person traveling on carnival ships is calling other people cheapskates:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Big difference between being a cheapskate and frugal. If that word is too big for you to understand I can provide the definition for you. :rolleyes:

BTW, I have sailed on Carnival, HAL, Princess, RCCL, and NCL and price notwithstanding, Carnival is the best out of those lines for what I expect from a cruise. The less expensive price is simply a bonus.

Edited by Computer Nerd

So not cheapsakes, just misinformed

Don't even begin to buy that line. Even if they put on blinders and missed all of the information available on the Carnival website and the cruise ship itself, they would have been informed in person by the GS personnel when they pulled their tips. Nope, nothing but cheapskates.

You have to get priority tender slips or tickets from guest services? We will have a tender port and I didn't know this! what a pain! Why can't they just put them in your room if you have a suite or FTTF?

We didn't get a slip or ticket, we just went there when we were ready and they took us to a tender.

sent from my galaxy tab a

Misinformed? How could that be? I assume they all were given their cruise doc before they board.

It is remarkable how few people take seriously documentation provided to them outlining the terms and conditions of the products and services they purchase. For some, I suppose, they trust what someone told them (especially when it is what they want to hear) more than the legal agreement. For others, I suppose, it is laziness. Still, for others, I think it is an unwarranted rejection of the concept of being subject to terms and conditions other than those they cherry pick for themselves.

To be fair, there clearly was misinformation. Contradictory information is always misinformation, technically. It used to be that you could utterly trust what a travel agent told you. That was over twenty years ago though, before disintermediation. There was a much stronger ethic to get everything right back then. Disintermediation has stressed travel agents to the brink resulting in far more instances where consumers don't really understand, or perhaps even had a chance to know, what it is they purchased.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

It is hard to describe.... but it was more like "if Mary isn't paying tips then I'm not either" mentality. But they did not call them tips. They called them "duity".

Sorry to cause so much conversation on this. This was not a normal cruise. That's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:) The people in Guest Services work really hard. Us cruisers can be ...um... difficult. The most common issue I have heard coming from newbies is they do not understand why there are "wrong" pending charges to their credit card.

The answer is always the same - Carnival has to ping your card every day or so to make sure you have not closed it. :cool:

:) The people in Guest Services work really hard. Us cruisers can be ...um... difficult. The most common issue I have heard coming from newbies is they do not understand why there are "wrong" pending charges to their credit card.

The answer is always the same - Carnival has to ping your card every day or so to make sure you have not closed it. :cool:

You are probably correct on all counts....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't even begin to buy that line. Even if they put on blinders and missed all of the information available on the Carnival website and the cruise ship itself, they would have been informed in person by the GS personnel when they pulled their tips. Nope, nothing but cheapskates.

Really? GS will question you when you ask to remove the tips? They don't just remove them?

Is it open 24 hours? We're really to bed early to rise people, so the most like time we'd handle such things is 5am.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.