Transportation question - Galveston

Daughter and I are taking our first cruise out of Galveston in December.

We're flying into IAH, arriving about 10 p.m. local time the day before the cruise. I have searched, but cannot find any information on whether Carnival will pick up at Houston hotels or if it is airport only.

If it is airport only, I'm envisioning us taking the hotel shuttle from the airport when we arrive and then taking the airport shuttle back to the airport the next morning to get picked up by Carnival! Looking at shuttles from the airport to Galveston it looks like $80 p.p. is the norm, but not finding any that will pick up that late.

Suggestions?

Thanks!!

Carnival shuttle is only airport to port and vice versa. No hotel pickups. If you stay at a hotel the night before, get one near the hotel that can take you back there in the morning to catch the Carnival shuttle. They start around 9am with sign-in and loading the first bus shortly after.

Also...make sure you know which airport, Hobby or Bush. They are in different parts of town.

We took an UBER to Galveston for $48. It was perfect. But UBER cannot pick up in Galveston (unless the rules have changed). So we hired a shuttle service for $30pp. Total $108.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Galveston express has been the shuttle we use.we have stayed at the iah and nearby hotel (Fairfield inn).both times they were on time and drove us to and from the port,$40 for two each way.enjoy your trip!!

Cruising out of Galveston was our only nightmarish "almost missed the cruise" experience.

We stayed in San Antonio for three nights prior to our cruise. I had confirmed that uber operates in Galveston and services the cruise port.

Coming from Washington, DC, where ubers typically arrive in three to five minutes, I thought all was well.

We left San Antonio bright and early and arrived to drop off our rental car in Galveston six hours prior to cruise time.

We FRANTICALLY tried to find a uber, and eventually, a taxi, to take us from the Galveston car rental return office to the cruise port and many others, walking in circles at the car rental office, doing the same mad routine as us.

For over an hour, there was NO uber available, NO taxi available and we could not walk the two miles to the port with our luggage.

FINALLY we got an uber. At least ten families descended upon us, begging to share our uber. We were able to accommodate one family of three.

I hope Galveston has cleaned up this mess. I would never cruise from that port again, and the uber misfortune was not the only reason.

Daughter and I are taking our first cruise out of Galveston in December.

We're flying into IAH, arriving about 10 p.m. local time the day before the cruise. I have searched, but cannot find any information on whether Carnival will pick up akat Houston hotels or if it is airport only.

If it is airport only, I'm envisioning us taking the hotel shuttle from the airport when we arrive and then taking the airport shuttle back to the airport the next morning to get picked up by Carnival! Looking at shuttles from the airport to Galveston it looks like $80 p.p. is the norm, but not finding any that will pick up that late.

Suggestions?

Thanks!!

Almost all the hotels around IAH offer free shuttles to/from the airport.

The Carnival buses have desks in the baggage claim areas in the terminals. Present your boarding pass and shuttle ticket receipts and you are good to go. UBER can take you to Galveston but cannot pick you up there by city law.(legally)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So, what is the best way for 2-people to get from a Galveston hotel to the ship and from the ship back to our car at the hotel?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Forums mobile app

Quite a few of the hotels in Galveston offer park and cruise options where they free shuttle you to the pier if you stay at the hotel at least one night.

I'm taking my 2 daughters on the Breeze out of Galveston in July. We are using Galveston Limo. Only $40 round trip pp.

We are renting a car and staying the night before in Houston.

Enterprise picks you up there are drops you off. Otherwise find a hotel that has free shuttle service to and from the airport. Galveston Limo is picking us up at 1130 from G Bush airport at 1130am the next morning.

We use the Carnival shuttle from Hobby and back. It is just less stress and hassle.

Houston traffic is a nightmare on a good day (our son lives there). It reminds me of LA traffic, and I refuse to drive through that also. Too many cars and backups.

So, what is the best way for 2-people to get from a Galveston hotel to the ship and from the ship back to our car at the hotel?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Forums mobile app

Several of the Galveston hotels offer free parking and shuttles to the cruise terminal if you spend at least one night prior to your cruise.

One of our favorites is the Hotel Galvez on the seawall. It is a Marriott property.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Uber drivers are allowed to drive you from Houston to Galveston, but Galveston does not allow rideshare so they are not supposed to pick you up in Galveston. If you get an Uber driver to take you there, you could always ask him/her to pick you up.

However, it might be better to take the Carnival shuttle from Houston airport; it's probably cheaper.

Just drive to the port and park there. 7 day parking is $65 I believe. Get off the ship, hop the parking shuttle and off you go. Easy Peasy.

+1

No brainer if you're in your own vehicle.

OP said he is flying in the night before. Can't park there.

Galveston Limo is more than half the price of Carnival transfers.

It was a no-brainer for me. They have great reviews on TripAdvisor as well. I'll let you know how it goes in July.

Galvestonlimo.com