Special Event--What am I Missing?

hawkeye65

We got our cruise docs today. (Yaay!) In the front info there's mention of special dates and what to do. Log on to myvikingjourney.com. OK. Did that. Can't find any place to report special events.

Not the first time this kind of thing has happened. Our first ocean cruise, my birthday. TA informed them. I noted it on pax form. No reaction whatsoever. Two days later someone else at our table had a b/day. Big deal. Special cake. Singing waiters. She was kind of embarrassed b/c she knew I'd gotten zip.

So is this just me? No one cares about my special events. Everybody else goes to myvikingjourney.com and reports a special event, but nobody cares about me so they mask that section when I sign in? My self-esteem is taking a hit.

Do I need to call Viking or is it really hiding on myvikingjourney.com?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

We got our cruise docs today. (Yaay!) In the front info there's mention of special dates and what to do. Log on to myvikingjourney.com. OK. Did that. Can't find any place to report special events.

Not the first time this kind of thing has happened. Our first ocean cruise, my birthday. TA informed them. I noted it on pax form. No reaction whatsoever. Two days later someone else at our table had a b/day. Big deal. Special cake. Singing waiters. She was kind of embarrassed b/c she knew I'd gotten zip.

So is this just me? No one cares about my special events. Everybody else goes to myvikingjourney.com and reports a special event, but nobody cares about me so they mask that section when I sign in? My self-esteem is taking a hit.

I've found that, even with logging the information on my reservation online, it's helpful to speak to your dinner server/head server about the special event once onboard.

If it is a birthday, I doubt you would need to notify anyone. They take your passports when you board - and they note any birthdays. Anniversaries are a different animal... But on a cruise 2 years ago over our anniversary, we casually mentioned it one evening in the lounge - and the next day there was a bottle of wine in our cabin - complements of the hotel manager.

Fran

It's an anniversary. Our 50th to be exact. We took a cruise to Bermuda for our 45th but didn't expect any big celebration so didn't mention it to anyone. But half a century seems like a Big Deal. I think it's worth a cupcake or something. But at this rate it'll be our little secret.

I'm hoping this post is laced in sarcasm, because of course no one is excluding you on purpose. If I was you, I'd mention it to your TA, and then mention it to the cruise director when you are boarding (if not too busy) or some other time on the first day. It seems to me like these ships have everything on hand to celebrate a special occasion at a moment's notice (or could pick it up any day). They don't need to plan in advance for it.

What specifically do your cruise docs say about special dates?

Yes, of course , I was writing sarcastically.. What my cruise docs say was in the original post, but that was a blind alley. I was hoping someone had stumbled on a link to enter a special event b/c the myvikingjourney.com link direction was no help at all.

Dear hawekeye65,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Upon review of MyVikingJourney.com, that functionality does appear to be absent at this time.

We will correct this discrepancy in our communication materials. In the meantime, we invite you to reach us at Tellus@vikingcruises.com with your booking number so that we can make preparations appropriate to celebrate your 50th anniversary.

Congratulations on a remarkable marriage, we look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Best,

Viking Cruises