Shore Excursion Payment

Jeter02

I've only booked a shore excursion once through the princess personalizer about 2 years ago for my balitic cruise. However I can't remember how payment worked. I wanna book for my upcoming Alaskan Cruise in July. If I click the reserve button, does it require full payment?

Last time I had Onboad Credit and thought I wasn;t charged till I was onboard. I have OBC for this cruise as well, that I was playing to apply to excursion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don;t want to hit reserve, to find out my credit crad was charged for the full amount.

Also can someone explain to me cancellation policy? How far in advance do I have to cancel if needed?

I've only booked a shore excursion once through the princess personalizer about 2 years ago for my Balitic cruise. It seems to have changed according to reports here.

If I click the reserve button, does it require full payment? Easiest way to find out is to click on the reserve button.

Last time I had Onboard Credit and thought I wasn't charged till I was onboard. I have OBC for this cruise as well, that I was playing to apply to excursion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to hit reserve, to find out my credit card was charged for the full amount. If it charges your credit card, just cancel it.

Also can someone explain to me cancellation policy? How far in advance do I have to cancel if needed? Cancellation deadline is noted on the excursion ticket. Usually 24-48 hours before the excursion, but sometimes not.

It's been reported here that the latest change requires prepayment UNLESS you have OBC that will cover the charge. If OBC is available, it will charge the OBC.

As Colo posted, click the reserve button.

Sometime this Fall it'll be required to pay either by credit card or by OBC. Sailing in July you should be able to reserve a tour & during your cruise to use any available OBC to pay for it in your onboard account.

When you click a reserve button, it does not charge your credit card. If you click a pay button, then it asks you for credit card information - it does not use a stored credit card. So you can always go to where it asks for credit card information and then cancel if you want to.

For a July 2017 Alaska cruise, you probably don't need to pay. If so, it will give you an option on the shore excursion screen to pay now or pay onboard. If you choose to pay onboard, it will use any OBC first and only charge for the difference. If you choose to pay now, it will charge a credit card - you cannot use OBC.

For later cruises, you have to pay to reserve. When you choose the option to pay, it will give you the option to apply any OBC that is already posted to your account (such as veterans or FCD). It will not allow you to use OBC that is not yet posted (such as shareholder more than 90 days out or loyalty). You will then need to provide a credit card for the amount over your OBC.

When we booked our May to Alaska Back in November, you HAD to prepay for excursions. Then they reversed that policy and as of today you DO NOT have to prepay. I know I personally made several phone calls complaining about this policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we booked our May to Alaska Back in November, you HAD to prepay for excursions. Then they reversed that policy and as of today you DO NOT have to prepay. I know I personally made several phone calls complaining about this policy.

it changed again and you do have to pay. it seems to be cruises starting in october or november.

Princess understood the primary objection was being unable to use OBC. After they figured out a way to use (some but not all) OBC, they reinstated the requirement to prepay for all excursions. This policy is currently being implemented to future cruises - it does not apply to cruises this summer. For example, it does not apply to my August British Isles cruise, but it does apply to my January Panama Canal cruise.